Oven Fried Chimichangas
Found this recipe on a shared website. Adjusted it for South Beach.
2/3 cup your favorite salsa
1 small tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 cup shredded lf cheddar cheese
2 green onions, chopped with some tops (about 1/4 cup)
6 (8 inch) WW flour tortillas (I used homemade)
2 tablespoons olive oil
shredded LF cheddar cheese, for serving
chopped green onions, for serving
picante sauce, for serving
1. Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, tomato, oregano, cheese and onions.
2. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
3. Fold opposite sides over filling.
4. Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
5. Brush with olive oil.
6. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden.
7. Garnish with additional cheese and green onion and serve salsa on the side.
These are pretty fantastic. Easy to add extra veggies in and make variations. Maybe chicken and broccoli with cheese?