Default Chicken or Turkey Rollatinis

Ingredients:

4 Boneless, skinless chicken or turkey breasts
1 each red, yellow, and green bell pepper, sliced into strips
4 Tbsp, plus 2 Tbsp SB approved shredded mozzarella cheese
Pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning blend
1 Tbsp olive oil
Pam or other cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350. While oven is heating, suatee pepper slices in olive oil until slightly brown at the edges. Pound breasts flat with any blunt object, (I put them in a Ziploc and pound 'em with the bottom of a big, glass candle jar!)

Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with Pam. Lay one breast on baking sheet and top with 1 Tbsp shredded cheese and 1/4 of the pepper strips. Roll up the breast and secure with a toothpick or two. Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining breasts. Sprinkle all with seasonings to taste and bake for 25 minutes. Top each roll with remaining cheese and bake until cheese is melted! Delish!

Serves: 4 (or a SBer and her hungry DH!)

We're working on variations of this already. I was thinking of sauteeing the peppers in sesame seed oil, omitting the cheese, and seasoning with Korean chili sauce and fresh grated ginger for an oriental flair. I would also like to see how it works with some sugar-free pasta sauce poured over the top. Phase 2ers may want to top it with whole wheat bread crumbs for the last five minutes for a brown crust. Yummy!

~Kim
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #2  

Making these for dinner right now, they sound very tasty Will edit this post and say how they were. Thanks for the recipe! Sounds really great...

Almost forgot to do this :P they were very tasty and easy to make, thanks for the recipe I really enjoyed these!!

Last edited by Pez_; 10-15-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Pez_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

This sounds wonderful... I copied it to my recipe folder
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote