Old 06-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Heart Smart Shrimp Scampi

This is super quick to make! Don't worry about the amount of olive oil, 99% of it is left in the pan.

1 1/2 lb shrimp, raw
2 green onions, sliced
12 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tomato, diced
1 tsp white wine
few shakes of seasoning salt
a pinch of kosher salt and pepper
4 TBSP olive oil
1/4 cup Olivio spread
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
4 basil leaves, chopped

In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and Olivio with smashed garlic. Med high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, white wine & seasonings. Cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp, parsley & basil, cook till shrimp are pink- about 2 minutes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place on serving platter. Serve with roasted asparagus & spinach salad.

Roasted asparagus:
1 large bunch asparagus, cut into 2 " pieces
olive oil
kosher salt & pepper.

Heat oven to 400*. Drizzle oil into roasting pan. Add salt & pepper.
Add asparagus, roll in oil to coat. Place in oven for 5 minutes, roll asparagus, return to oven for 10 minutes or until it is tender.

4 servings
Luc's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:35 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Um - I'm not worrying about the amount of olive oil but don't see how it's left in the pan. Isn't it mixed into the sauce?

I ran the main ingredients through Fitday and got the following for the shrimp part alone: 567 calories, 42 grams of fat (12 sat) and 33 grams protein. The fat could be a bit high as we need only about 30 per day for health.

Nice meal for a treat though! I may just try it this week. (I have a meeting tonight and can't breathe garlic on folks!)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

Actually, the shrimp saute in the sauce, they absorb the flavors. Note: Scoop shrimp up with slotted spoon. I'd say less than 2 tsp of sauce was on my plate- yet all the flavor was cooked into shrimp. Also this serves 4 pp., approx serving size was 25 medium shrimp (6 ou).
I'll give you this: if you consumed 1/4 amount of the sauce (+1/4 cup), you would be over doing it
Chicken stock can also be used in place of the olive oil.
If you consumed the same serving size as I did, 2 tsp sauce the shrimp & olive oil would = 268 cals & 9 g fat, if made with strictly Olivio cts are 208 & 6 g fat, & if you want to go lower yet then just use the Olivio w/ chicken stock.
There is more fat in lean ground beef as well as other cuts of lean meats plus the added cals which are not naturally in shrimp. The fat content is good fats.

Trust me gals- the only thing you would have to worry about is garlic breath!
Luc's mom is offline   Reply With Quote