Chickpea and Veggie Curry (yum yum!)

• I made this the other night in a hurry with whatever I had in the cupboard - but it turned out so tasty I had to share! I'll write what I made it with, but any veggie you fancy would work. Enjoy!

Chickpea and Veggie Curry

1 tbsp olive oil
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    4 pieces of turkey bacon, cut into small pieces
    2 cans chickpeas, drained
    3-4 tbsp curry powder
    shake of chili flakes (optional)
    1 red pepper, chopped
    2 handfuls raw spinach, roughly chopped

1. saute the onions, bacon and garlic in the olive oil in a large hot pan for a few minutes until it all begins to brown

2. add the curry powder and chili flakes (if you like it spicy!) and mix well, then pour in the chickpeas and a few tbsps of water

3. let it all simmer, covered, for 10-15 mins until the chickpeas soften and the liquid thickens a bit

4. add the red pepper and spinach and cook uncovered until the peppers soften and the spinach wilts

Dish it up and serve hot! I had mine on a bed of raw spinach with a soft boiled egg on top and it was awesome. Next time I think I'll add some zuccini, mushrooms or cauliflower florets. I also thought it might be good with cous cous or brown rice (in P2), but to be honest it doesn't need it - the chickpeas are super filling. I bet it would reheat really well, but we didn't have any leftovers - my housemates (who are not SBDers) loved it too!