Garlic and Soy Grilled Pork Chops

• This is a recipe that is in the SBD Cookbook. They are really good. I have also included my variation of this recipe at the bottom as the original recipe is to spicey for my family.

Garlic and Soy Grilled Pork Chops

4 boneless center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed of all visible fat
    1 tablespoon light soy sauce
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon salt (I use less)
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Sprinkle the pork chops all over with soy sauce, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper (this is basically a rub). Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.

Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler.

Cook the pork chops 4" from the heat, turning once halfway through cooking time, for 10-12 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a chop registers 155 degrees and juices run clear. Garnish with the herbs.

Alternate recipe to tone down the spices:Use the same ingredients as listed only put everything in a zip bag along with enough water to cover the chops and marinate for 20 minutes up to 2 hours in the refrigerator. I squish the bag around before putting in the refrigerator to make sure everything is distributed evenly. Cook as directed above. These make a very moist and flavorful but not spicey chop.

Makes 4 servings
    Nutrition per serving
    70 Calories
    2 g fat
    11 g protein
    1g carb
    30 mg cholesterol
    436 mg sodium