1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    6 oz. can of tomato paste
    8 oz of fat free sour cream
    1 cup of fat free cottage cheese
    16 oz. of Jack cheese, shredded
    1 4 oz can of mild green chilies, chopped
    1 can of Ro-tels, undrained
    1/4 cup black olives, chopped (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

*Pre-heat oven to 350.

*Cook beef until browned. Drain and set aside.

*In the same pan the beef was cooked in, add onion, garlic powder, Ro-tels, tomato paste, and olives. Cook over low heat until the onion is clear.

*In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cottage cheese and chilies.

*In a larger mixing bowl, combine the meat, the sour cream and cottage cheese mixture. Add half of the cheese quantity, and mix slightly.

*Pour mixture into a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Cover with remaining cheese.

*Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
  • This receipe looks great, but I cant for the life of me figure out what "Ro-tels" are.... Can anyone help????
  • Ro*tel is a brand name. Basically, its diced tomato pieces with a little diced green chilies thrown in. You can get different heat levels, or just plain w/no chilies.
  • This was very tastey....The recipe kind of confused me...I had the beef in a bowl, and the cottage cheese, sour cream mixture in a bowl. I had my rotels, tomato paste, onions etc. in my skillet but the recipe didn't say what to do with the tomato mixture...So I took the name of the dish into account and mixed everything together, so hopefully thats what was meant.

Give it a try it was very tastey
  • Do those of you who have tried this think it would work with 1 C of ff/sf plain yogurt in place of the sour cream? I have everything except the sour cream and this sounds great!!
  • this meal is looking really good, it is baking in my oven right now as a matter of fact. one thing i did to change it was add a layer of pinto beans to the bottom. i was making a pot on the side and thought what the heck. i mashed them up a little bit to make a base i guess. hopefully it will not mess up the dish.