3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Entrees - Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1-129/)
-   -   Sliders! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/209781-sliders.html)

honeysox 08-12-2010 10:00 AM

Sliders!

I made a dozen of these yesterday. I loaded three with pickles, onions, and mustard. They really hit the fast-food-craving spot. I couldn't even finish the third one. They are Phase I friendly, and I imagine on Phase II they would be great with sweet potato or butternut squash oven fries.

Sesame Seed Buns for Sliders:

Preheat oven to 350*.

5 eggs
1/2 c. black beans, rinsed (could sub ricotta)
1/4 c. flaxseed
1/4 c. almond meal
3 packets Splenda
1 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 t. sesame seeds (optional)

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Spray a non-stick muffin tin heavily with cooking spray. Pour mixture into muffin cups (should make 12). Bake 15 minutes or until puffy and done. If you want sesame seed buns, sprinkle them on after about 10 minutes of baking. Cool and slice.

These are also great with SB chicken nuggets with buffalo sauce :devil: for a tasty chicken-mini, or with ground buffalo burgers, or tuna or chicken salad.

The burgers: Shape 1 lb. of lean ground beef into 12 3 1/2-inch patties. Sprinkle with Canadian Steak Seasoning. Broil (turnng once), fry, or grill. Great topped with low-sugar barbecue sauce or guacamole, in addition to the usual suspects.

Lexxiss 08-12-2010 11:29 AM

This looks really fun! I will have to fit it into my menu!

rdw1 08-12-2010 01:02 PM

I could be wrong but I believe that these are not P1 friendly because of the almond flour... I know its just processed almonds but no "flours" are allowed in p1. I found this out the hard way when making stuff with garbanzo bean flour! lol But looks like a fabulous recipe for p2!

sarahyu 08-12-2010 01:11 PM

Almond flour is ground almonds isn't it? At least the one at Trader Joe's.

I think they'd be fine. You have a limit of ...what is it for almonds? 15 almonds so how much almond meal is that? per day. As long as you keep within that limit you should be fine.

But you have to keep track of what you eat and see what foods trigger cravings, it's different for everybody.

EmmaD 08-12-2010 01:47 PM

This sounds really interesting! Where did you find this recipe, or did you make it up?

Any thoughts on this without the Splenda? I don't like sweet bread, but maybe it's there to counteract the beans? or some other reason? I'll probably try it without Splenda so I'll come back and post on the results.

Re: the almond flour (and flax seed meal) : it's only 1 teaspoon per muffin, so probably it's OK for P1.

Thanks for posting this -

honeysox 08-12-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaD (Post 3433781)
This sounds really interesting! Where did you find this recipe, or did you make it up?

Any thoughts on this without the Splenda? I don't like sweet bread, but maybe it's there to counteract the beans? or some other reason? I'll probably try it without Splenda so I'll come back and post on the results.

Re: the almond flour (and flax seed meal) : it's only 1 teaspoon per muffin, so probably it's OK for P1.

Thanks for posting this -

Hi EmmaD,
I made it up. Definitely omit the Splenda if you don't like sweet bread. It may need another pinch or two of salt then. (Hamburger buns, and especially little slider rolls, are traditionally sweet.)