Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #1  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

Talking Ground Turkey or Chicken Sausage Stuffed Zucchini

Here is a recipe I made while doing low fat and low calorie my family all loves it. I hope you can all use and enjoy it.

Turkey Sausage

1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
2 green onions, finely sliced
1 egg white, slightly beaten
2 t. poultry seasoning
1 t. ground sage
1 t. ground fennel seed
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1 t. paprika
1 t. salt and pepper

Preheat large non-stick skillet on low-medium heat.
Mix ground turkey, green onion, egg white, and seasonings together. Form into four equal 4oz. patties. Lightly mist skillet with olive oil pan spray and gently place patties inside. Turning once, half way through cooking. Cook until lightly browned on both sides and until no longer pink.

Serve in a lettuce wrap, or in stuffed zucchini, peppers, or tomatoes.
Cal.135 per 4oz serving

Sausage Zucchini Boats

2 med. zucchini
1 (14oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 t. Italian seasoning
1 recipe Turkey Sausage
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450
Prepare sausage recipe from previous page. Lightly mist a large non-stick skillet with olive oil pan spray and heat over medium-high heat. Crumble turkey mixture into preheated skillet instead of forming into patties. Cook and stir sausage until browned and no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and heat through. Remove from heat and set aside.
Cut ends from each zucchini and discard. Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise. With a 1 inch melon baller or measuring spoon, carefully scoop out center seeded area of each zucchini half, forming a boat. Lightly mist a baking sheet with olive oil pan spray and place each zucchini boat on baking sheet. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper. Divide sausage mixture evenly into the center of each boat. Cook for 20-25 minutes until zucchini is tender.

Makes 4 servings
Calories: 188 per serving Fat: 3g.

For those who need to bump up the calories, I add mozzarella or pepper jack cheese at the last 5 min. of bake time.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

This was absolutely delicious, by the way. I made it a while back when it was posted before.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote