Chickpeas With Spinach (Greek)
2 medium onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups cooked chickpeas
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (I used the tomatoes from a large can of plum tomatoes)
red pepper flakes (to taste)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped and defrosted
1-2 lemon, juice of (to taste)
1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are tender.
2. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, pepper flakes, and oregano.
3. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add spinach and cook about 5-10 minutes longer, or until spinach is cooked.
5. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
I served this over quinoa making it a Phase 2 meal. It would also be good with curry instead of oregano & lemon juice.