Pizza Burgers (Phase 1 and 2)

• 2 lbs ground beef
    1 cup mozarella
    tablespoon flax seed or other binder
    1 egg
    teaspoon garlic, onion powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper
    dash worchestire sauce
    A jar of sugar free or low sugar spaghetti or pizza sauce, or make your own (I put chopped onion and EVOO in mine)
    More mozzarella for topping
    Whole wheat buns if on phase 2

Mix the ground beef, cup of mozzarella, flax seed, egg, seasonings, worchestire sauce together in a bowl. Shape them into patties and put on the grill and cook until done.

For phase 1, cover the burgers with the tomato sauce and top generously with more cheese. Broil until cheese is melted.

For phase 2, put the burger on a bun and cover with tomato sauce. Top generously with mozzarella cheese and broil until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

You definitely can add lots of different veggies to the sauce, give it a try.
  • This is eight servings.
  • Yum! I added some Italian seasoning & chopped turkey pepperoni to the burger mix. Grilled them & then put them in an oven proof dish, topped each burger with a big spoonful of sauce & sprinkled just a little cheese on top. Put them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 to warm the sauce & melt the cheese. Went over great with everyone from hubs down to my 3 year old! Will def. be making these again.

Thanks for the recipe!
  • Can you do this on the stove?