Chicken and Broccoli twist

• This was so yummy I made it tonight:

Kraft Recipes: (Tweaked to make SBD friendly)

4 boneless skinless chicken breast (small total about 1lb)
    1/4 cup calorie countdown milk
    2 cups frozen broccoli florets
    4 oz velveeta light cheese (cubed)
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Cook chicken in covered skillet on med high heat 5-7 min each side then make sure to keep chicken warm (I put in heated oven covered in reynolds wrap). Then combine milk, velveeta, broccoli, and 2 tbsp parm cheese put into skillet uncovered for about 4 min on med high heat until cheese is melted. Then add back the chicken ( I cut mine up) and heat and mix for one min then sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan cheese.

I halfed this recipe since it was just me eating it and it turned out so good I wanted to eat the whole thing! I put the rest in the fridge to enjoy for dinner tomorrow night
  • Thanks so much for this recipe. I made it tonight, and it really hit the spot! A good substitute if you're jonesing for mac and cheese.

I made some white rice on the side for the family to make the meal a bit more filling for them. They loved it, but I didn't miss it!
  • Just a heads up for those who are sensitive to it - the velveeta light contains some corn syrup. Sorry to be such a downer but corn syrup is definitely not my friend.
  • I wonder if you could replace the velveeta with mozzarella cheese? Just a thought. Sounds yummy, but I'm thinking maybe velveeta is a tad "processed"?
  • It is definitely for processed cheese lovers, that's for sure. I'm not sure how mozzarella would work just as a sub for the velveeta. What I would do is just get a recipe for cheese sauce that calls for another cheese, make that, and add that to the broccoli and chicken. You'll get about the same effect. The only thing is, I can only think of cheese sauce recipes that have flour in them as a thickener, so it wouldn't be a p1 recipe, but it could work in p2.
  • You can use some reduced fat cheddar, heat the milk and add the cubes to it to melt. Just an idea. I hate the taste of velveeta plus I don't think it's too SB friendly but this recipe sounds delicious anyway.
  • I made this for my lunch today and it was great!!