Bulgogi (Korean Barbecued Beef)
Feeling adventurous? Try this recipe. This is a recipe I have published on allrecipes.com; I've modified it to make it SBD friendly. It can also be made with chicken instead of beef. If you serve it with brown rice, then that moves it to Phase II. Enjoy!
* 4 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
* 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 teaspoons splenda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 pound beef top sirloin, thinly sliced
* 4 green onions, sliced into 1/2 inch slices, use both green and white parts
* 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, garlic, splenda, salt, and black pepper. Place beef and onions in the bag; seal, and shake to coat the vegetables and beef with the sauce. Refrigerate for at least 2 1/2 hours. (I prefer to marinate mine overnight.)
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Remove meat and vegetables from marinade, and place on a large sheet of aluminum foil; seal. Discard marinade.
3. Place on grill, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or to desired doneness. You can also broil this in the stove for approx 8 to 10 minutes.
Last edited by grneyedmustang; 12-17-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Reason: To add serving size