Stuffed Vegetables

• I came across this while going through some of my old recipes to see which ones are good for SB. This is a recipe my french mother-in-law taught me years ago. It's one of our favorites. I only changed the dairy part to make it SB-friendly. Sorry the measurements aren't too exact, but I usually don't measure when I cook, and you really can't mess this up.

Cut in half and hollow out desired veggies (onions, tomatoes, zucchinis). Process in food processor @ 2 lbs cooked extra lean ham, 3 – 4 cloves garlic, fresh parsley, and inside of veggies. Add 2 eggs, salt and pepper, and fat free half and half, or neufchatel or fat free cream cheese - enough to get a good moist consistency. Stuff mixture in hollowed out veggie shells and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

The values will depend on what you use, but for a general guidelines, I used 7 tomatoes, 5 zucchini, and 5 green peppers to yield 28 individual veggie pieces (some of the tomatoes were small and I didn't halve them). I used 1 pkg neufchatel (8 oz), and a small boneless ham (1.75 lb). I ran this through fitday and the nutritional value was: 72 calories, 3.6 g fat, 2.8 g carb, 0.6 g fiber, 7.25 g protein for each piece. A serving will be 3 or 4 pieces.