Crustless Spinach Quiche
*original recipe by Ellie submitted to RecipeZaar*
Phase 1 - Serves 6
Made with reduced-fat cheese, @ 258 calories per serving; regular muenster cheese @ 313 calories per serving.
1 Tablespoon oil (I substituted olive oil)
1 onion, chopped
1 (10 oz.) package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
5 eggs (You could use egg substitute here)
3/4 lb. muenster cheese, grated (I substituted reduced-fat muenster)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
3. Heat oil in skillet over med. high heat and saute onion until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add spinach and cook until excess moisture evaporates. Let cool.
5. Beat eggs in bowl. Add cheese.
6. Combine egg/cheese mixture with cooled onion/spinach mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Turn into pie pan, smoothing top evenly.
8. Bake, 40 -45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and top is browned.