3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Entrees - Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1-129/)
-   -   Crustless Spinach Quiche (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/105484-crustless-spinach-quiche.html)

MJMS 02-24-2007 11:56 AM

Crustless Spinach Quiche

Crustless Spinach Quiche
*original recipe by Ellie submitted to RecipeZaar*

Phase 1 - Serves 6
Made with reduced-fat cheese, @ 258 calories per serving; regular muenster cheese @ 313 calories per serving.

Ingredients
1 Tablespoon oil (I substituted olive oil)
1 onion, chopped
1 (10 oz.) package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
5 eggs (You could use egg substitute here)
3/4 lb. muenster cheese, grated (I substituted reduced-fat muenster)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.

3. Heat oil in skillet over med. high heat and saute onion until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.

4. Add spinach and cook until excess moisture evaporates. Let cool.

5. Beat eggs in bowl. Add cheese.

6. Combine egg/cheese mixture with cooled onion/spinach mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

7. Turn into pie pan, smoothing top evenly.

8. Bake, 40 -45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and top is browned.

tomandkara 06-09-2007 07:53 AM

YUMMY! I thought I had spinach and so had planned to make this, but alas a glance in the freezer revealed that I was all out. SO I substituted half a package of frozen broccoli florets (about 7 ounces) and about ten cherry tomatoes, halved. I sauteed the onions with some minced garlic and then added the broccoli for a couple minutes before putting it in a pie plate. Then I mixed two eggs with 3/4 of a cup of Egg Beaters and maybe 1/4 cup of soy milk, with some salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash. I couldn't find muenster in a block so I bought it sliced and just cut up the slices. I forgot how much I love muenster - so buttery! I only used 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) Then I topped the whole thing with a sprinkling of parmesan. It was so good!

Thanks for this great recipe!

Kara

Newlifestyle 06-10-2007 09:08 AM

Oh my goodness, what an awesome recipe.
thanks. It was delicious.

akacutie 09-14-2008 12:56 PM

Omg!

This was great!!! :) I used part of the cheese amount to put on top of the quiche... It was awesome.... My DBF loved it too. :)

I ate cold quiche for breakfast the next day and it was a quick breakfast. Yum-o!

Thanks for the receipe!:hug:

snackiejackie 09-08-2010 11:28 AM

HOLY AWESOME BATMAN!!!

this recipe was amazing. i made it this am for bfast, i did change it a bit however as below:

i added a splash of milk to the eggs and used rf feta cheese.

YUMMO....cannot wait to eat all the leftovers...sooo not sharing with anyone else!

thanks so much!