Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 07:23 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Thai - Panaeng Beef in Red Curry Peanut Sauce

(Chicken can be substituted for Beef or even Tofu if you prefer a vegetarian option!)

Panaeng Beef in Red Curry Peanut Sauce
POINTSŪ values per serving | 4
Servings | 6

Main Meals |
Ingredients

1 cup A Taste of Thai Lite Coconut Milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 pound cooked lean beef Flank
2 Tbsp panang curry paste
2 Tbsp fish sauce
3 Tbsp peanuts

Instructions

In a medium saucepan, stir together 1/2 c of the coconut milk and the water; bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Sprinkle in the sliced beef, stirring to keep the pieces from sticking together, and simmer 5 minutes, until meat is tender. With a slotted spoon, scoop the meat out into a bowl and set aside, leaving coconut milk in pan to return to a gentle boil. Stir in the curry paste and cook, pressing and stirring to dissolve the paste, 3 to 4 minutes, until the sauce is fragrant and smooth. Return the beef and any juices to the pan, add the remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk, and bring back to a gentle boil. Add the fish sauce, 2 packets of splenda and crushed peanuts (optional handful of italian basil leaves and 3 wild lime leaves torn in fine threads). Stir well and simmer 3 to 4 more minutes until the sauce is smooth. Stir in the basil leaves and remove from heat. Transfer to a small platter, serve hot or warm with rice.

(points were calculated on the WW website in the "Recipe Builder". I did not calcluate rice into the points; therefore if you serve this over rice you have to add the additional points. This is my absolutely favorite dish, and the full fat version using regular coconut milk and brown sugar instead of splenda is about double the points per cup. I add cayanne pepper as well to spice it up, and make it about "3 pepper hot"... (for those of you that enjoy Thai food you know what I'm talking about!) I hope you enjoy!)

Last edited by Rvnsgrl; 05-13-2005 at 07:28 AM.
Closed Thread