Coke & catsup pulled pork?

• I've heard of the recipe for chicken, diet coke and catsup (or salsa) - has anyone used this recipe for a pork roast? It sounds like it would make a good "pulled pork" recipe.
  • Here's what I did. I put a pork roast in the crockpot and added 12oz diet pepsi, 1 cup ketchup and a little bit of liquid smoke. Let it cook all day on low. It really was good!
  • I use 1 can of diet coke and 1.5 cups of catsup or bbq sauce (or 1 cup of catsup and 1/2 cup of bbq sauce).

I've also used diet orange soda, 1 cup castup, and 1 tbs of soy sauce.

I've used this on chicken and pork
  • I made this one night this week it was great!! Next time I think I will got with 3/4 c catsup and 3/4 c bbq sauce.
  • pulled pork with coke/catsup
    I made this today and it is fabulous. I want to thicken up the juice, though, any suggestions? I follow core.
  • If I make this on the stovetop, it usually thickens much better than if I use the overn or crockpot. Also if I use more ketchup than diet coke it thickens more quickly, like 1.5 cup of ketchup and only 3/4 cup to 1 cup of diet coke, but generally I just let it simmer until it's as thick as I want.
  • I've had this with chicken & ribs - really turned out great!
  • This sounds SO yummy. Can you tell me the point value? Thanks
  • The point value really depends upon how you make and serve it (how much of the sauce are you eating and whether much fat rendered into the sauce). Ketchup is a zero point food by the tablespoon, but a cup of ketchup has about 200 - 240 calories (so about 4 to 5 points for the cup). If you make 4 to 6 servings, your points will be the point count of the meat plus 1.

When I was in WW and made the recipe, I'd figure out the point count of the meat, and then add 1 for the sauce. The WW leader at the time (who brought in the recipe), said we didn't have to count the sauce at all, if most of it was left in the pan. Which if you're using the crock pot or the oven, the sauce is really runny, so most of it does stay in the pan.
  • Quote: The point value really depends upon how you make and serve it (how much of the sauce are you eating and whether much fat rendered into the sauce). Ketchup is a zero point food by the tablespoon, but a cup of ketchup has about 200 - 240 calories (so about 4 to 5 points for the cup). If you make 4 to 6 servings, your points will be the point count of the meat plus 1.

When I was in WW and made the recipe, I'd figure out the point count of the meat, and then add 1 for the sauce. The WW leader at the time (who brought in the recipe), said we didn't have to count the sauce at all, if most of it was left in the pan. Which if you're using the crock pot or the oven, the sauce is really runny, so most of it does stay in the pan.
    Thank you So much
  • Yum