Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 AM   #1  

Default Stretch Mark Cure!

Okay - so I can't prove that it's necessarily a CURE yet - but I keep seeing so many posts about women trying to get rid of their stretch marks.

I use a product called Bio Oil. If you're in the UK you can get it at Boots. If you're in the US you can get it in Walgreens, Riteaid, or most other chain pharmacy. I bought mine from walgreens online, because the riteaid in my town didn't have it in stock.

It's a small jar of pinkish orangeish oil. Two ounces for about twelve dollars if I remember correctly. And a little goes a long way. I've had my jar for about a month and it's still half full after using it over the entire tops of my legs, front and back every morning. I saw results within just three days. A huge section of my marks are *completely* gone, so now I'm focusing on the much deeper ones. They've faded about 80% so far.

I notice that if I skip a few days, they start looking darker again. I've quit applying it to the area that's clear now, and they haven't reappeared.

It's a dry oil, so it absorbes very quickly and it doesn't give you that baby-oil type greasy feeling. It's got an unusual but nice smell, and it's completely worth the money. A body builder friend of mine in New Zealand recommended it to me - and at first I was really apprehensive. It sounded so heavenly that I was just convinced it couldn't work that well for me. But it really did.

Bio Oil.

Give it a try. It really did absolute magical wonders for me.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 AM   #2  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks! This is good to know, as my daughter and I are getting stretch marks galore. I'm not as upset about them as she is (I'm used to them, lol), but maybe I'll pick up a jar for her and see if it helps her.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 AM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Glad it's working for you.

Me? I'll pass. "Dry oil"? Maybe so...it's base is mineral oil. If it didn't have the first 4 and the last 4 ingredients, I'd say it would be a good product!

Parraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethlhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tochopheryl Acetate, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifola (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), BHT, Bisabolol, Parfume (Fragrance), CI 26100 (Red 17)
Old 07-08-2007, 07:05 PM   #4  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

Ew.. Mineral oil and my skin don't mix. For some reason it makes my skin even more dry if I use anything with mineral oil. But it does sound good. I'll have to see if the local healthfood store has anything that doesn't have a mineral oil base.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedBe View Post
Ew.. Mineral oil and my skin don't mix. For some reason it makes my skin even more dry if I use anything with mineral oil. But it does sound good. I'll have to see if the local healthfood store has anything that doesn't have a mineral oil base.
Well, being that mineral oil is a by-product of the distillation process that turns petroleum into gasoline, creates a barrier between your skin and the environment and thus does not allow the skin to breathe, I can see why it would dry your skin.

Using the oils listed in the ingredients that are natural would be a great experiment!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #6  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

There is no magical cure for stretch marks. Unfortunately.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:39 AM   #7  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Agreed with Charlotte (apparently, guys get 'em too -- but imagewise it isn't as big a deal) - also, I find it somewhat suspicious that most of your posts in your short history here @ 3FC is about this stretch mark "cure".
Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yes unfortunately, there is no magical stretch mark cure. Sometimes our eyes will deceive us though and we want to believe a product is working.

One thing you can try is putting a product on half your body over time and compare with the other half. Is it really working? This would be the best way to determine whether there is an actual improvement. The ingredients posted by SoulBliss are really ho hum at best and not something I'd want to put on my own skin.
Closed Thread