Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Default You On A Diet

So after watching oprah last night, this diet seems pretty good...

has anyone had any success on it or know where i can find a list of approved foods? Thanks!
Old 11-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #2  
it's always something

The book was just released 3 days ago, so I don't think anyone has tried it yet. My copy arrived today and I'm reading it this weekend. At a glance it looks like the very same thing we've been encouraging all along, but it's laid out in a very easy to read format. They include some very eye-opening facts that should motivate everyone to lose weight. It looks great so far
Old 11-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Oh, i didnt know it was that new! So is the book really worth it? I have so many diet books sitting on the book shelf gathering dust! My main question is how many whole grain and fruit servings can you have per day? Does the book have exact numbers?
Old 11-03-2006, 07:56 PM   #4  
it's always something

From what I can tell, and I may edit this after I've read more, lol, it isn't that kind of diet book. It's filled with loads of useful information, explaining details about how your body processes foods and metabolizes fats, so you understand exactly what is going on in your body. They write it in a very entertaining way, so it's all very interesting. They seem to take a more relaxed approach to dieting. You won't find a list of approved foods. There are some restrictions, such as not eating anything with trans fats or saturated fats, and usually avoid simple sugars such as sugar, honey, etc. Other than that, it's all about eating healthy foods, learning when to stop eating, and making sure you get enough exercise. They don't list serving sizes or specifics (xx servings whole grains, etc) because everyone needs a unique plan based on genes, metabolic rates, activity levels, etc. You'll need to read the book, because it's all about the bigger picture, and not just a menu to follow.

Hope that helps
Old 11-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

If you go to the Real Age website and sign up (for free), you can get the 99 Second Edition of the book. In fact, they give 2 weeks of example eating with recipes & shopping lists that I printed out (I'm doing Fat Smash which is somewhat similar). The site itself is informative.
Closed Thread