Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Question Green tea

I recently read in a magazine that green tea makes you lose weight. So I started drinking it and nothing happened. I know its really good for you so I plan to continue drinking it but i was just wondering what you guys think. The chick in the article said she lost like over 10 pound w/o diet or exercise she just started drinking green tea. Obviously i didnt expect to loose that much but i thought it might help, even if just a little, or enough to get me past my plataeu but it hasnt. Thoughts?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #2  
it's always something

The only published study showed that if you drink 4 cups of green tea per day, every day, you can lose up to 8 pounds over the course of a year. So technically it works, but there are better and faster ways to lose weight
Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #3  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I just read an article on this yesterday, apparently it is an excellent appetite unsuppressed (and I agree). Something that is not published on it though is you shouldn't drink too much of it. From working in the medical field I have learned to stick to 2-3 cups, it is a blood thinner as well- thin it too much and you could have serious health complications.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Like many diets aids if it sounds too good to be true .....
I like green tea. It's nice to have something warm and calorie free to drink. I believe it might help regulate some fluid retention challenges but ....
It probably works best if combined with 'a proper diet and regular exercise'.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I've been drinking green tea for pleasure every single day for the past 12 years; usually several cups a day of a mixture of the decaf and regular. I did use milk in it until recently after reading on these boards that the milk diminishes the healthy effects of the tea (thanks to whoever provided the info, I'm now drinking it w/out milk and it tastes just fine like that). Anyway, the green tea never suppressed my appetite and never helped me lose weight. I've ranged from maintaining a good weight, losing weight and gaining weight in this 12 years that I've been drinking the tea. So I personally don't really find it that helpful for weightloss, but it is a good calorie-free healthy drink, as SuB says..
Closed Thread