Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 12:28 PM   #1  

Question Scan diet

I was wondering if anyone had any info on theis program.

Thanks in advance>
Old 09-20-2001, 12:02 AM   #2  

I used the Scan Diet shakes to help supplement my nutrition due to a stomach disorder for a few months. I did end up needing to have tube feeding which bypass my stomach so I no longer have to try to force myself to drink any shakes for a whle. When I talked to the nutritionists and dieticians (have seen too many in the last year-lol) they all said that for normal situations meal replacement drinks/bar/etc are only recomended for occasional use when it would be possible to eat a proper, balanced meal- never more then a few times per week and never more then once per day. They all made the comment to me that it was unusual for them to be recomending I actually drink more of the shakes but then I was dealing with rapid weight weight loss due to my stomach disorder (and I had/have excess weight to lose) and in the end an extreme solution to give up eating for awhile.

I will say the shakes were okay tasting- just make sure you put 12 ounces of water in like the instructions tell you. You can also mix in fruits to make them more tastey. I actually used them over prepared supplement drinks due to an allergy to corn- the corn based sweetener in them is different enough that it did not effect me.

I would highly recomend seeing a nutritionist or dietician at least 2 or 3 times to help find a healthy way to lose weight- I actually was seeing one occasionally long before I even had stomach problems- it really helped to have someone checking on what I was eating and making sure I had a balanced diet.

Good luck in you healthy weight loss~
Christine
Closed Thread