Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/159/140

Height: 5'5"

Default 20in10??

I found a site called 20in10 by paul weeks-you are given a food plan to follow that promises you will lose 20 lbs in 10 days!!sounds good-if it's not balogna!!anyone tried it-site is dated 2005 so it's been around a little while i guess?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Don't be scammed.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

You actually CAN lose 20 lbs in about 2 weeks, but you shouldn't want to. For one, the diet that would be required to make that happen would be really severe and unhealthy-I've heard of juice fasting etc that will give those results. The other thing is that it is scientifically and biologically impossible to lose that much FAT in that amount of time. Even the strictest diet and exercise routine only allows us to lose about 3 pounds of fat per week. Anything you lose beyond that will be fluid and muscle loss-neither of which is a good idea or will make you look any better anyway.
And besides-if we don't lose the weight in a way that helps us to keep it off permanently, then why waste our time? I'm all for anything that will help rev the metabolism or cut back on appetite/cravings, but the bottom line is that anything you drop this fast will surely be back, because fluid will be back once you begin to eat and drink normally, and muscle is the last thing you want to lose because it makes you look more fit and keeps your metabolism up by making your body use more calories every day.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am always leery of anything that promises super fast weight loss. Every person is different and I don't know how they can "promise" anything. This fast of wt. loss couldn't possibly be healthy.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #5  
IP start June 11, 2014

I actually lost 22 lbs in 2 weeks when I was in the military a few years back. I had to make the weight limit so that I didn't get kicked out. I drank water, ate only oranges, and ran 10 miles a day. When I weighed in, I made the weight and then went to hospital. They put 5 bags of fluid in me and told me that if I ever did this again that I would be written up. I am out of the military now -honorable discharged...not weight related, but I will never forget doing that and will never forget how gaunt I looked. From that experience I learned that losing weight is not really the goal, but losing fat to be healthy is most important...at least for me. I had to make weight at that time, so I was willing to do anything. So stupid.

PS: Oh yeah...it was mostly water, so I gained it all back.
Closed Thread