3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Best scale? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/91521-best-scale.html)

Candiflip 08-14-2006 09:37 PM

Best scale?

I was wondering if there is a sale that a lot of you use that is better then most? And most important, is Accurate! I bought a scale at costco but it is very inaccurate. I need to get a new one.
The scale I got was at the warehouse but I have seen another one online,
Does have the one on the costco canada site?
I would like to buy a scale available in Canada because I don't want to pay customs & duties from the US.

Thanks!

Candiflip 08-14-2006 09:40 PM

Sorry I forgot to say that I mean a bathroom scale, not a food scale :P

DeafinlySmart 08-14-2006 09:56 PM

Wish I could help you but I have mixed feelings about my own scale..HAHA! I'm bumping it for ya though.

Suzanne 3FC 08-15-2006 12:56 AM

One of our moderators recommended the Tanita Jenny Craig scale to me a few months ago and it's the best scale I've ever owned. It's always consistant, no matter how many times I hop on and off. Plus it has "goal tracking" and records your weight, so it knows if I've lost or gained weight, plus a lot of other features. I love it :)

EverHopeful 08-20-2006 02:44 PM

I bought a scale with a giant dial on it so that I could see the numbers from 5'9" in the air ...lol ... but I calibrate it ... in other words, I take a 10lb weight and a 15lb weight and put them on the scale. The scale should read exactly 25lbs. If it does not, I adjust the dial to read exactly 25lbs while the weights are on the scale. When I take the weights off, the scale hand is often not right on zero (mine rests on 3lbs) ... but when I step on it, I know that it is a calibrated and accurate weight. In this way, it does not matter what scale you use as long as you know it is calibrated.

susanb1960 08-20-2006 06:30 PM

I have a Tanita scale. I feel it is pretty accurate although I don't go scale hopping to find out! It was about $80 but I had to have one that had a higher weigh capacity. It helps me to weigh each morning at the same time.

Arista 08-20-2006 08:51 PM

I have the scale from weight watchers. It's pretty accurate, and it can track your weight for two users and maybe some other stuff. I never bothered with that, though, I just wanted to see how much I weighed and the scale was a good price and is digital. Hope this helps.

NurseMichelle 08-23-2006 11:56 AM

I have an el cheapo from Bed Bath and Beyond, it is digital, but I wonder how accurate it is...I also weigh in at work, a pretty high tech digital scale, I mean I do work in a hospital and it is the one we use to weigh the dialysis people before and after treatments, so I know its spot on, but the difference is around 6-7 pounds---but the point I want to make is that I'm not so particular about the exact weight, I just notice the difference, the consistency of the loss, which is definitely going in the right direction no matter which scale I get on....the funny thing is that I like to tell people I actually lost MORE than I actually did, since I go by the heaviest wt I've seen on the heavy scale and the lightest wt I've had on the other scale...lol!(btw, my home scale makes me feel so much better!)

missindy 10-21-2006 09:17 AM

I used to work in a hospital cafeteria, and everytime we took trash down, I would seak into the room with the huge scale they weigh the stuff they send out to get washed. I always liked it when the added in the weight of the container and didn't take it off cause then it was way lower.

But anyway, on the side of personal scales. I have used both expensive digital and cheap dial scales, and they both have good and bad points. When you're 6'1" like me, the most important thing is to find a scale that your feet fit on. Mine hang over the edge of my roommate's scale, so I really have no idea what my actual weight is. However, I do just keep track of the difference in the weight on it since I've used it since the beginning of the year. I kinda like the cheap ones just because I can calibrate them and always see when they are off, so it doesn't through me off. I always wonder about digital ones.

LookingForHope16 10-21-2006 08:16 PM

Is is possible to calibrate a digital scale? I've been kinda worried about mine. Accoring to it, my weight shot up to 297 when for 3 days it was 289. That's higher than where i started my weight loss goal at!

What the heck!