Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:37 AM   #16  

I agree with Nelie, the problem with Xenical is that we need fat to live, so the answer isn't to get rid of fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2006
how much weight did you lose while on it?
When I was on Xenical, I lost about 40lbs in 7 months...which I probably would have lost anyway because I was eating so strictly. I got down to around 250lbs, which is a weight I was comfortable at (not thin, but livable). But I didn't use it as a tool, I used it as a fix-all.... and I went off the pills because I could no longer afford them...and since I didn't have any nasty side effects, I started eating real food again.... which (among other issues) lead to me gaining 100lbs in 2 years.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #17  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

The "good" thing about Xenical is it doesn't block all the fat. I was also given a prescription for something else that's supposed to make you feel full.. but my problem isn't that I eat too much. Even If I feel full, I'll still eat something. Which is why Xenical would work better for me. My fat intake is always high, no matter how hard I try to watch it. I've heard some good reviews on it so I thought I'd give it a shot and my benefits cover it so it's pretty much free for me.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #18  

I don't want to discourage you, if it helps get the ball rolling for you, then use it to your advantage. But I know alot of people who have taken Xenical, Meridia, Fen-Phen, phentermine, etc etc... I can't think of a single person who kept the weight off after they went off the drug.
It is very important for you to relearn your eating habits while using this medication or you will not be successful for the long term.
I think that alot of the calorie counters here would say that you need get on to fitday and start logging your food intake to get a good idea of what you really are consuming. If you already know you eat too much fat, then you need to figure out where it is coming from. You need to change what you eat and get a good idea of how much and what kinds of fat are in the foods you eat and find better replacements to phase in or figure out different ways of cooking your food.
Xenical isn't going to "fix" the fact that you eat too much fat. Only you can change what goes into your body - the pills might give you some motivation, but if you continue with high fat while on these, then I would be very careful about being close to a bathroom at all times...
Old 07-30-2006, 02:46 AM   #19  

Default I just started Xenical

I have just started using Xenical. I actually ordered it offline. I had taken Phentermine back in nov.2004, and lost 35 pounds. I did how ever gained back 15 pounds when I stoped taking the diet pill. I thought I might try taking something different and did some reading about Xenical. I've been taking it for 1 week and yes the side affects are nasty. I'm lucky cause i'm a stay at home mom. I hope this works, I'm 170 right now and I want to be back down to my prebaby weight of 135. I do need to learn how to eat healthy. I also wanted to say that the side affects seem to be getting better as time goes on. The first 4 days were the worst but now I have no upset or running to the bathroom. Does anyone know why you have to have a BMI of 30 or higher to take these meds? My BMI is 28 so I'm still good to take it right?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #20  
It's 2014, I need help!

My doctor told me that Xenical isn't for those who want to lose just 10 pounds, it's for those who have a lot to lose. So by saying you need to have a BMI of 30, is their way of saying not to take it if you don't have much to lose.
Have you been keeping within your fat content range? Im just curious as to why you're having side effects so quickly...
Old 07-31-2006, 10:03 AM   #21  

A BMI of 30 and above is considered obese.
Prescription weight loss drugs are meant for people who have a large amount of weight to lose. These pills, along with Meridia and Phentermine are considered treatment for Obesity... not treatment for overweight.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 232/230/185

Height: 5'6

I've been on Xenical for about a month, and im eating lower fat food/calorie food and doin my exercise, i still havent really lost anything. Thought i;d mention that.lol..
Old 08-08-2006, 08:40 AM   #23  
It's 2014, I need help!

You haven't lost anything?? that's odd
Old 08-09-2006, 08:21 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Height: 5'1

Megan, It's been a couple of weeks. Are you taking the xenical? how is it going? Weight loss is getting slower for me now. I have 15 lbs to go and is sure has slowed down. But thats ok, as long as the scales does not go up
Old 08-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #25  
It's 2014, I need help!

Hey Soon2beslim, thanks for asking!!! I was going to start this past weekend, but I had a wedding and now we have family over this week so it's not the best time to start. But this saturday I will, because then I can really focus on the low fat part. I must say though, I've been eating fairly clean considering we have company. With the side effects of these pills though, I don't want to take a chance.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #26  
It's 2014, I need help!

Default Day Two on Xenical..

Just thought I'd post my experience with Xenical incase anyone was interested in using it..
I took a xenical last night with dinner, didn't bother taking it with any other meal b/c there was barely any fat. No side effects as of yet which is a bonus! I'm drinking my water and REALLY watching my food intake.
I'm weighing myself tonight to see my current weight, SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.. but I guess I need the reality check. No point in taking this and not seeing how much I am losing right?
I'll check in tomorrow to let you know how today goes
Old 09-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Height: 5'1

Megan, hows it going? Are you still on the Xenical? I went on holidays for a few weeks and ate not to bad. I didn't lose any weight while on holidays, But i didn't put any on either Well, just wanted to see how you where doing.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:10 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 232/230/185

Height: 5'6

Sorry, havent been on this for awhile. When i did take the xencial, i found even if i ate non greasy, non fat foods and id still get those nasty side effects, still even after all that i still havent lost. So i decided to ditch the pills and just eat healthy and work my arse off lol
Old 10-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Ive been taking Xenical for about 3 weeks, and Im fine, and Ive lost about 14lb Mind you Ive been following a very low fat diet, and also not having any refined carbs or potatoes - a bit like the South Beach diet, except I havent stopped eating fruit at all.
I havent had any side effects, and I was quite worried that the pills werent working, cos I was sort of expecting them, ugh!
But my doctor told me that its because Im eating less than 30 grams of fat in a day.
We are very lucky here in the UK, because if you are considered obese according to your BMI, you get them on prescription, which only costs about £6 if you pay prescription charges, or get them for free if you are exempt like me
Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #30  
It's 2014, I need help!

I haven't taken xenical in about two weeks. I fell off the diet-wagon and figured it would be useless to take them if I'm not going to follow them. I have recently gotten a new gym membership and will be finally exercising As well, I will be following a low fat diet. My plan is to be taking them again starting next week (I fell and hurt my back a couple days ago and haven't been able to do much exercise.) I"m hoping to be up and going by the weekend though.

kalijack - I'm glad you're not having any side effects. I watched my fat intake as well and didn't have any "accidents or effects" like others have had. Congrats on the weight loss this far! That's excellent!!!!
Closed Thread