Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #1  
Changing my Lifestyle!

S/C/G: 195/192/135

Default Hollywood 24hr & 48 Hour Celebrity Miracle Diet

I'm thinking of using this as a detox when I get back from Disneyland June 2nd...anyone else use these or can offer any advice?

http://www.hollywooddiet.com/
Old 05-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, welcome to 3FC

My personal advice would be to save your money. It's just overpriced fruit juice, and it's based on a scam. For one thing, the body doesn't need detoxifying, that's the latest marketing hype used to sell overpriced products. All of the medical experts have said that our bodies don't need it and out bodies naturally detox themselves. We've had a few topics about this in the past, if you want to use the search to find them, since a lot of reputable medical resources were quoted. Regarding the Hollywood diet, to put it bluntly, it just gives you the runs so you lose weight in that respect. Body waste and excess water. But you don't lose fat. As soon as you eat solid food again, you'll gain it back.

Here's our review we put in our diet review section:

Quote:
This is essentially a juice fast. Order a 32 oz bottle of fruit juice for as much as $24.95 and consume nothing but juice and water for 48 hours. They claim you can lose up to 10 pounds in 2 days. Unrealistic weight loss claims, and the use of the word "miracle" should alert you to avoid this diet. If you do lose weight, it will be from water loss and the cleansing of your bowels. You gain it back once you start to eat again.

To lose fat, you must burn more calories than you consume. You must burn 3,500 calories to burn one pound of fat. To lose 10 pounds of fat in two days, you would have to burn 35,000 calories more than you consumed, or 729 calories per hour, for the entire 48 hours. You could accomplish this by running at the speed of around 5 miles per hour. You won't accomplish it by following a juice fast.

The creators of this product state "Many people refer to me as the "diet guru" to the stars because my weight loss program has been featured on television and magazines worldwide." The diet is referred to as the Hollywood diet, yet they have admitted that no celebrities have followed their program. One celebrity, Paula Abdul, sued them for falsely claiming that she used their product.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:21 AM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Wow, 729 cals per hour!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #4  
Changing my Lifestyle!

S/C/G: 195/192/135

Ah ha!!! Thanks for posting this. I think I'll keep with the eating less and exercising more theory! LOL
Old 05-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Not to mention the potential side effect of having nothing but mixed fruit juice in your system for 48 hours. (You may want to stay near a bathroom.)
Closed Thread