Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #1  

Default Herbal Magic

Has anyone had any luck on the Herbal Magic diet? I have been thinking about giving it a try but need more information about the programme before I spend money on joining the group. Thanks in advance for all responses.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #2  
Running Babe

I was just checking out the herbal magic site and as their name suggests there seems to be a very strong emphasis on supplimentation. So I would be very skeptical. The only suppliment I used while using weight was a multivitamin.

Asides from the supplimentation, in their FAQ they mention that people lose between 2-7lbs a week... A healthy weight loss is usually considered 1% of your body weight or less or less than 2lbs a week.

Anyway I searched out some sites regarding this:

http://www.healthwatcher.net/dietfra...rbalmagic.html

Another message board mentioned that to stay on program you have to shell out about $200-300 A MONTH on suppliments. That is also on top of your start up fees.

I also found a job posting for a weight loss coach and it mentions selling herbal products.

So anyway, I'd do my research and if you want some weight loss groups or support perhaps look at WL with a good track record (such as Weight Watchers) or a non-profit group like TOPS, or perhaps a consult dietician or a doctor-assisted WL program. At work there are a bucnh of ladies who have started their own weight loss group and work hard motivating each other so you could always get a weight loss buddy or buddies to help you on your way!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hello! I'm on Herbal Magic.. I have been since May 1st! I have lost 18lbs! Yes it is VERY expensive... about $1000 just for start up costs and $250 a month in pills... its just under 4 grand for the year. If you ask me and it works! give them a phone call as consultations are free and you can learn more about the program!
Old 05-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #4  

Why does it cost so much? What do you get out of the $1000 fee?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Well, its $834 for the year itself and $105 for the start up kit. In the start up kit you get a journal, a food scale, some sample bars and your first set of pills. With the $834 you get one on one support and guidence from their trained counsellers.. you get more supplements everyday if you do everyday. For example you have to go in every day for the first 2 weeks then a minimum of Mon/Wed/Fri for your pills they give you at the center and to check your food diary. They also weigh you every day. The pills you get on Mon are a dextox pill, Wednesday is called Ener-gin to give you energy and Fridays is a multivitamin.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:42 PM   #6  

Hi, I did Herbal Magic and yes it was very expensive but it worked. I started at 172 pounds in August and I quit going the middle of december due to the cost of the herbal products, and at that time i was 135.5 and I was down over 50" in total. I heard from alot of people that it is the food plan that they put you on that makes you lose the weight NOT the herbal pills. I have heard several people say that its a hoax and a way for them to make money. Thats another reason why I quit. I was managing on my own and they told me i should be max 128 pounds, I went down to that weight within a month after quiting their program from doing it on my own WITHOUT the herbal pills. I have been maintaining since and fluctuating between 125-130. I honesstly do not know if its true about the pills being a money thing for the company but just really really check into it before you do it. I think the food plan is what made me lose the weight.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #7  

can you elaborate a lilttle on the food plan? what was it all about? low calorie?
Closed Thread