Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Dexatrim Max2 0

Has anyone tried or heard about this new Dexatrim product? It appears to be a pill that you put into a bottle of water. Its supposed to curb your appetite and increase energy.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #2  

Default More Info

Ephedra Free
Natural & Artificial Flavor
Dietary Supplement
Contains Real Green Tea
Tastes Great Too!

Dexatrim Max20 is an easy-to-use, take-anywhere package of effervescent tablets that turn water into a powerful weight loss ally.

Dexatrim Max20 is packed with Real Green Tea, Chromium, Ginseng and a Vitamin B complex designed to provide maximum help in suppressing appetite and maximum energy to give you the power to lose weight-all of which work together to help you feel satisfied, make good food choices and drink more water every day.

Dexatrim Max20 is designed in individual, foil wrapped packages that are perfect to take with you anywhere and fit perfectly in your gym bag, purse, car, pocket or briefcase.

The Power of Dexatrim Max20 is never far way.
Put the Power of Dexatrim Max20 to work in your water for a healthy way to curb appetite, feel deliciously full and boost energy.

INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Sorbitol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Polyethylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Red 40, Neotame (245-105)

DIRECTIONS:
Intended for adult use only
As a dietary supplement, dissolve two (2) tablets with approximately 16.9 oz. of water or use only one (1) tablet for a lighter tasting flavor
If dissolving into a full bottle of water, take a few sips before adding tablets
Tablets are scored so that they can be easily broken to fit into bottleneck
Wait until tablets are dissolved completely before drinking
Stir or shake to ensure uniformity
Add more water for a lighter flavor.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Well you know, since Airborne came out, everyone seems to be getting on what I think of as the "Fizzy Lifting Drinks" bandwagon - for some reason I guess people think that it works better or it's more fun or something.

Apparently, what makes it 'fizz' is the bicarbs and sodium in them. I haven't gone to the website to check the nutritional information but there are three ingredients that are sodium-based - anyone trying to cut down their sodium intake (high blood pressure, hypertension, etc) would probably be wise to stay away from this kind of product or at least ask their physician.

Huh - I just checked the Dexatrim site and they don't even list this yet...I did find it on Drugstore.com's site however...wow - $13 retail for 20 'servings' - that's VERY pricey - wait a second - according to the "Supplement facts" a serving is TWO tablets, so one box has a mere TEN servings...even more pricey!

And there IS a lot of sodium in this - 450mg per serving is a LOT of sodium (see my comparison below).

Also - if it contains 'real green tea' (I fail to see why these companies make such a big deal about the green tea being in there...you can get PURE green tea for MUCH MUCH less money - it's not like green tea is RARE or hard to find...hoo boy...) why isn't it listed in the ingredients? My guess is that the tea is one of the "Natural and Artificial flavors" - they consider it a mere FLAVORING. Tells you how much of that 'real green tea' is actually IN the product, if it's considered just a 'flavoring'.

Also, if it's the nutritional supplements or whatever you are looking for, there is FAR less of those ingredients in these than in the regular Dexatrim Max tablets - comparision:

Thiamin (B1) - Powder (2 tablets): 0.525 mg 35%DV; pills (1 caplet): 15 mg 1000%DV

Riboflavin (B2) - Powder: 0.600 mg 35% DV; pills: 17 mg 1000%

Niacin (B3) - Powder: 7 mg 35%; pills: 200 mg 1000%

Vitamin B6 - Powder: 0.700 mg 35%; pills: 10 mg 500%

Vitamin B12 - Powder: 2 ug 35%; pills: 60 mcg 1000%

Pantothenic acid - Powder: 3.5 mg 35%; pills: 25 mg 250%

Eleuthero Root Extract (Asian Ginseng) - Powder: 100 mg; Pills: 250 mg

Cost per serving - Powder (at $12.99/box of 10 servings): $1.30 per serving
Dexatrim Max Caplets ($22.99/bottle of 75 servings): $0.31 per serving!!!

I'm not endorsing either ONE of these products, but I mean jeez...the fizzy tabs cost 5 times MORE with a lot less of the vitamins and stuff in them, not to mention a TON of sodium...just to get an idea of how much sodium is in these puppies - here are the sodium counts for some foods I consider to be on the salty side:

McDonald's French Fries, large order: 330 mg
Fritos Original Corn Chips, 1 oz serving: 170 mg
Taco Bell original Taco - 350 mg
Dexatrim Max 2.0 tablets - 450 mg

Of course I'm sure that all the other diet pills will be coming out with a "fizzy" version eventually...another case of the same old stuff being wrapped up in a shiny new package...
Old 05-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #4  

Default Fizzy Lifting Drinks

Thanks for that easy let-down Mrs.Jim. Bummer too! Just another company trying to make money off of my problem by producing more useless pills.
Closed Thread