appetite suppressants?

• Has anyone taken an appetite suppressant that works? (One that isn't doctor prescribed that is)
  • Nope
    I've tried a few OTC appetite suppressants. Might as well have taken saccharin tablets for all the good they did...
  • Dexatrim Max has worked for me, though looking at the bottle it does not say it is an actual appetite suppressant. I do have to say I think part of why some pills like this work is psychological. It's more my mind over matter.
  • Sorry to rain on your parade, but if appetite suppressants really, really worked and didn't need a prescription, it would be the BIGGEST DISCOVERY EVERY (next, of course, to the wheel, electricity, etc...!!!) and ALL OF US WOULD BE ON THEM!!!!
    If ANYONE has any such pill, please let us know! I'll be first in line to buy the lot!
  • Yes indeed. I used to take dexatrim when I was a teenager. I didn't ever get hungry.
    Sorry to say that they took it off the market. It was apparently dangerous, so now they have a new formula. I haven't tried it yet.
  • Fiber!