Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-31-2007, 04:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

I started 2 weeks ago and have lost 12 lbs and 14 inches. I have to say this the easiest to stay with. I have not been hungry and have such energy. It cost me $289 for a 17 week plan. The drinks are $50 for 5 packs of 7. I drink 3 a day. I also bought some of their vitamins but I buy others at other places. The ones I have been using from MRC have helped me sleep more soundly and have energy during the day! I am being treated at Mayo for sleep disorder and metabolic problems but feel great since starting.

I was going to spend at least that on new clothes for spring so I consider this a good trade off. I'm beginning to fit into my older clothes again. I know I will be too small for them soon!
shayh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Default good job

Have you completely cut off the salt, or are you just following the meal plan?
wanttobeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

I have eliminated all excess salt from my diet completely. I wasn't a big fan of it to begin with, but now I don't use it at all. It's all pepper and Mrs. Dash for me now. :-)
Manda2831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #19  
Sabra-cruisin' for losin'

S/C/G: 234/220/170

Height: 5'8''

Thumbs up MRC Summary

I start MRC on Monday and have attended all of their pre-classes. It really is not that bad. They don't pressure you to buy their supplements AT ALL!!! If you can find better/cheaper ones, go for it. You are STRONGLY encouraged to buy the protein drinks, and I don't know about you, but if it'll make me lose weight, I'll buy it. I'm a college student and the entire program for me was $399, that includes losing 61.5 pounds in 21 weeks, your meetings, etc, the 6-week stabalization period and the 1 year maintenence program. If you are wanting to lose 10-20 pounds then definately MRC is not for you. The thing that got me is the support motivation system. We'll see!!!
safields88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:28 AM   #20  

I'm new here and I've been reading alot of postings on MRC. I just re-joined for $99.00 and then because of another special going on I got an additional 4more weeks added. That's cheap as far as I'm concerned for 21weeks. You do not have to buy all the vitamins and other things there. I go to Wal-mart and get alot. I've lost alot of weight in the past and hope to loose a bit more. I have a bad back so certain meds make me blow up like a balloon, mostly the prednisone. I love finding interesting salads and grilled foods. Hope to be talking with all you soon.
night owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:12 AM   #21  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I think the center is what makes or breaks this MRC experience. My center is pretty bad I must say...

The expense is not so bad if you can limit buying the supplements that I really have no faith in at all. I spent almost 400 for a 17 week program and about 50 a week for protein drinks. However, the diet is VERY limited and gets SO BORING!! I needed MRC to have hope and faith in myself. In that regard it was/is invaluable. Now that I believe that I can indeed lose this weight, I may ditch it in July and move to South Beach on my own. SB has more options.

If you are interested in MRC there is an ongoing thread under "general diet plans" where we all moan, groan, celebrate, and confess.

Peace,
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #22  

I started with Metabolic research center in January. I spent around 300 bucks for about 6 months (give or take a week).

However, I ran into some problems with MRC and left in March.

All I remembered while on their program was simply starving. I was starving so badly, I will always remember January as the most stressful month of my life. Everytime I saw someone eating I would get very upset and break down.

I talked to my counselor with MRC and she tried alternative options but in the end, I was still starving. 4 oz chicken for this 4 oz veggies for that. The food was VERY boring and the 30 dollar recipe book wasn't even worth 10 bucks because all of the recipes aren't designed for you. So, in reality, there was only 20 recipes in there I could use...and yes....it was chicken. Eh, I though, I'll still battle my way threw it. I dont give up so easily.

However, in March, I realized that I had spent about one thousand dollars on this diet (not including the sign up fee). Whilst I did lose weight my coffers were empty. Every week I was throwing down a hundred bucks here and a hundred bucks there. True, you could probably get all of their supplements at GNC for 60% of the costs the deed was done. I was so pissed at myself that I spent almost a thousand bucks to loose thirty pounds in four months.

Of course I loved the weight loss! However, if I continued on this transition, I would be bankrupt before I got to my goal. Those shakes are ungodly expensive and those snacks are $$$$$$$$

I left MRC for another weight loss alternative (I wont name it cause I don't want you all to think Im advertising) but Im loosing almost 2 pounds a day on it and it has giving me 1000x more energy than MRC has ever did not to mention my blood work and chlosterol went down much faster on my new diet. I have yet to feel hunger pains.

While I do agree MRC works wonders for others, it didn't for me and, adly, I spent so much money trying to make it work.

Im am sooo happy its working for you. Good luck in your weightloss!! Im so proud of you for loosing so much weight so far!!!
Kareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #23  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

It worked for me, but MRC is like any weight loss program - it works better for some than for others.
It's essentially a low-fat, low-glycemic, low-calorie eating plan. I knew a few people who'd done it, with varying degrees of success. I signed up because I know I need a low-glycemic plan, and I needed accountability & structure.
Once you've signed up, the only supplements they "require" are their high-protein drinks. They aren't cheap. But for me, the $$ I paid is a big part of my long-term accountability - I didn't pay just to end up re-gaining the weight (which I've done in the past). This time the loss needs to be permanent.
I lost my weight within my "given" time, and I've been on maintenance for 6 months now. And while I haven't exactly been the model of perfection following their maintenance program, I've actually done pretty well. Right now I'm actually trying to get below my original goal weight since I tend to always bounce up & down a few lbs.
And by the way, you eat bread, potatoes & other starches on the program from day 10 on.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:10 PM   #24  

I am considering joining MRC. Can you tell me if aspartame is an ingredient in the hight protein drink.
LizzieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #25  

I lost over a hundred pounds on MRC a few years ago and then I gained it all back and then some. I'm going to try again this week. It works, you just have to follow it. I just didn't pay attention to how to maintain my weight and just ate whatever I wanted, which was the problem in the first place. The food gets really really boring but it does work.
largeincharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #26  

Height: 5'6''

I'm on MRC, have been since May and I love it! I've lost 44lbs over summer break (i'm a teacher). I could rave about the program, but like several others, I'd recommend searching the forums for MRC...there is a group of us there and we'd love to see you.

Some of the high nutrient drinks have aspertame, others don't. I choose to take the ones that do not. They have splenda instead.

I was VERY skeptical of MRC before I joined, but after watching 2 close friends lost over 75lbs in under a year and watching my brother lose 80lbs in 6months I was convinced and I talked hubby into joining. I am rarely hungry and have lost an average of 3lbs a week (just lost 10lbs on vacation) Every diet has its plusses and minuses...this one is expensive...But like someone else mentioned...that is a HUGE motivator for me. I take the bare minimum of their products and I have had great results.

This plan is best if you have alot of weight to lose. I started at 353 and want to lose 200lbs. I don't know if I'll actually go that far, but I'm very sure that I can with MRC.

Good luck losing on whatever plan you chose. (Feel free to IM me if you have more specific questions.)
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 238/197/155

Height: 5'8"

I absolutely LOVE IT, LOVE IT , LOVE IT!!! It is not expensive and if you add up all the meds you can quit taking or never start taking, you really save money doing the Metabolc program. I did get the cook book mentioned above and at the center I went to it was only $12 not $30.

I had great ladies at my center that helped me with making sure my food was good. They even had cooking classes and let us taste the recipes they cooked sometimes and that was even free... not a dime. plus it was food that I already bought and cooked for my family... cant be any better than that..

I think the people complaining about the money either did not follow the plan and so they did not lose the weight they wanted.. because I did. and it was worth every single dollar I spent.

My blood pressure meds for a year, that i was able to get off of after losing the weight, paid for my program almost... so no more meds and losing weight the easy way was great for me.... plus the ladies were very helpful at my center in louisiana....

There is no magic fix anywhere,,, you have to be willing to do what they tell you to do because they know from doing the program for themselves.

the people complaining just dont want to do the work to lose the weight for themselves.... they need to think about their kids and familhy
GoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 154/153/138

Height: 5'7"

Default Does Metaboic Research really work??

I am on the MRC-6, Hoodia, Corti-Trim and the Protein Drinks. I love the drinks, especially the grape. I'm just trying to figure out how all of these supplements work. I'm wondering if counting points with Weight Watchers is better. Any suggestions??
kriskros66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #29  

Height: 5'6''

Kriskros - Search for Metabolic Research Center ... there is a big thread here on 3FC...the ladies there will help with all your questions.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #30  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle127 View Post
I think the center is what makes or breaks this MRC experience. My center is pretty bad I must say...

The expense is not so bad if you can limit buying the supplements that I really have no faith in at all. I spent almost 400 for a 17 week program and about 50 a week for protein drinks. However, the diet is VERY limited and gets SO BORING!! I needed MRC to have hope and faith in myself. In that regard it was/is invaluable. Now that I believe that I can indeed lose this weight, I may ditch it in July and move to South Beach on my own. SB has more options.

If you are interested in MRC there is an ongoing thread under "general diet plans" where we all moan, groan, celebrate, and confess.

Peace,
Michelle Iam sorry your center is so bad, the center I go to is wonderful, does your center offer cooking clasess? If so have you gone to any? My center does have faith in me and in ever person who is part of there center. The diet is only as limited as you make if, the cook book has some great recipes in there add spices to your food, did you know if you take ground turkey breast and add steak seasoing to it will tasted like saugaue, have you had pizza for breasfast, cheese cake, how about chill, have you tried buaffol which to me is better than cow,just don't over cook it. Think twice about ditching it in July is there another center in your area you could transfer to? MRC in there to help you beleave that yes you can do it, but the thing is you have to beleave in yourself and have faith in you no one can do that for you but you, there are there for support help keep you on track. It would be super if all centers could be the same or I should say like the one I go there, they would there for me thew my highs and my lows and my in betweens, Suzi show me that there are people out there that really care that you make it in what your doing, there is so much more to weight loss than just weight loss, this is what I went thew ;stage 1 when you start loosing its wow this is great this reallys works, Iam really doing it, stage 2 I started getting anger I did not know why, I was blowing up every time I turn around, becaues the center and the way they care about people Iam working on this with a thepist who told me I should of been seeing some one when I started the program because there is a lot of reason we get over weigh in the first place when we hide for things we eat instead in the past instead of showing anger I would eat very large dish of ice cream or a 7oz bag of chips , I kept telling myself you just a little over weight you look good yeah right I was at a one time high of 268lbs , when I started MRC i weight 253 I thought I was happy, thats what I show everyone yes Iam happy go lucky, when really I had very low self esteen, but because of Suzi and the very caring staff there at MRC my therpist and the hard work I did for myself Iam a better person today, I still have things to work on but I loss a 100lbs and 110inches, so beleave in you have faith in yourself no one can have that for you but you, you can get support , but the faith is in you. And as far as the diet goes its only as limited as you make it. Take care and good luck!
snowicedeb is offline   Reply With Quote