Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3kids
Theres a dr here whose been putting small pins in ,what seems like the same place. Shes been doing this for 15 years and its to use in combnation with her weight loss plan (basically low carb). The theory is the pins are in acu- pressure points and when you get cravings you press on the pins. Its supposed to help with that. These pins dont actually pierce the skin though, those staples sound dangerous. My sister swears by the pins, that they really help the appetite control. Im a little skeptical.
Yeah, I am too. I would think that any weight loss is because of the, you know, weight loss plan and not the danged pins!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #17  

I had this procedure done when I was in college. I was the biggest skeptic, and only did it because my Mom said she'd pay for me, my sister and herself to get it done. I laughed my way back to back to school after spring break and never expected any results. In about 3 months time my sister, who needed to drop at least 100 lbs. lost 8 lbs. My Mom, who hoped to lose about 30 lbs. lost 4lbs. I never expected to lose an ounce, and wound up with a 38lb. loss! I can't explain it, but I just never seemed to be that hungry. I managed to keep it off for about 15 years and through 3 pregnancies. The last 2 pregnancies occurred when I was over 33, and thta's when all when haywire--LOL! I cannot find the place where I got my ears stapled so many years ago. (It was in Canada, and I live in the states.) I have spent many hours on line trying to locate someone to do it, and have called many acupuncture places from the phone book to no avail. I think it might be a lot like hypnosis--works for some and not others. I would do it again in a heartbeat to get those results again. Watch--this time it wouldn't work because I would be expecting it to! LOL Nancy
Old 07-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #18  
Not Snoozing... Losing!

S/C/G: 295/288/285 MINI GOALS!

Height: 5'7"

I have heard bad things about the stapleing... so many people get infections. My acupuncturist said he gets asked all the time about them and refuses because there is too much that could go wrong.

I am not even sure if I would want pins attatched all the time.

I will say that if you want to do something consider acupuncture with a licensed acupunctuist who will really assess you and want to help you achieve balance in all aspects of your life instead of sticking a band-aid... err staple... on it.

I have been going for 2 months now for my anxiety/depression and am now on NO medications (I used to be on like 7.) In the next few weeks we are going to be working on overall health instead of just focusing on the anxiety and so we will address metabolism and cravings. I an NOT saying that this is some magic bullet but it does give you some reinforcement. YOU still have to do the eat less, move more thing!

PS. Acupuncture is not painful at all. It is very relaxing. The needles are only about the width of a human hair.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:40 PM   #19  
Have you exercised today?

S/C/G: 271/170/170

Height: 5'8"

I had the ear acupuncture done when I lived in Okinawa, Japan. It didn't work for me. I've never heard of ear stapling.
Closed Thread