Yes, but only with proper diet and exercise
16.67%
I don't think so
8.33%
I don't know
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hi

Does any one know what is the name of this machine ? And does it work?? I bet no matter what alone it’s not going to do a lot, but what about with Diet and Exercise? Does it really help break down fat from thighs and problem areas? To me it doesn’t really make sense but I have a friend who swears by it. And I also know a few friends who do cretin kind of massages to break down fat!! So if that really works than maybe this machine does the same thing?! Just wanted to know what do you guys think!

• I think the belt massager was invented in the 50s (could have been earlier) and it was promoted as a way to spot reduce flabby thighs and rears. It didn't work then, and it doesn't work now. You literally just stand there, so you aren't doing any exercise. The only way to reduce fat is to burn it off by burning more calories than you consume, so that your body burns fat instead. Massages just feel good
  • LOL they had them in the first fitness center I went to years ago. While it felt good, I really never thought it did any good!
  • My mom had one of those for awhile. I don't remember what ever happened to it. I got on it a few times, thought it was fun. If memory serves, such devices have been deemed not only useless but hazardous to health in the intervening decades. My mom also had a big, heavy massage block-like thing that she sort of reclined on ... it's purpose was also to assist in weight loss ... funny, 'cause she wasn't overweight but she was always wanting to break down fat and remove it from her body.
  • Aramantha, I am wondering if you mean the one that had wooden rollers that went round and round... they were bumpy and when you leaned on it, it was supposed to beat the fat off, I guess.
  • WOW ! The picture of the machine evoked many memories of my late teen years. I spent many an hour standing with that belt massaging my buttocks and thighs-only result was very chaffed skin. I was a faithful user -everyday for months. If I only I hdad biked or run or swam instead: