3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Phentermine

Old 10-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #106
Gym Bunny

S/C/G: 71.6/58.7/50kg OR 157/129/110

Height: 164cm

i have lost 5kgs in 3 weeks on phentermine (duromine).
i put ost of that to my exercise regime. i run approx. 20kms per week, do 1-2 spinning classes per week and a few gym and weights workouts.
i eat properly and have had no issues.

my doctor prescribed it to me as i was stuck on a platauo for months and it was getting me down aka eat to make myself feel better.

"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness" Edward Stanley
aimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #107

S/C/G: 221.5/189.5/170

Height: 5'7''

I took Phentermine for about 6 months this spring and summer and lost 30 pounds. However, I became completely tolerant to it and plateaued for about 2 months (of course, too many cheats helped with that...).

I've been off for about 3 weeks now, counting WW points and working out, and I have continued to lose weight. I absolutely believe it only works for the short term.
collegegirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #108

S/C/G: 158/152/115

Height: 5.0

I personally had not side effects. but I only took it for 3 months. Just because it made me wonder if the long term effects might be bad. But it worked!
mimi1171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #109

I have taking phentermine in the past and this last time i took it , it mademe depressed ....but i am going to a different doctor this time and i hope she canfigure out what happend so i can start taking it agian.
calimodel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:42 AM   #110

S/C/G: 195/125-ish/i'm there!

Height: 5'4"

just my two cents. just b/c u lose ur weight on phen does not mean u will gain it back. i took it three years ago and didn't gain back ONE lb til i got pregnant with my daughter. this time i got on phen for two months and lost 30 lbs. the past month that i've been off i've lost 6 MORE lbs... ya know y?? b/c i am still eating right and i'm still working out. i am going to go back on it tomorrow to jumpstart again and hopefully get off this last 24 in the next month and half or so. phentermine can b amazing for a jump start but maintaining is completely up to u. weight loss and maintaining is just a simple numbers game. calories in/calories out. stopping a pill cannot affect that.
DanielleAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #111
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

A few years ago I took Phentermine for 1 month and lost 15 pounds. However, it made me really grumpy and mean (side effect) so I stopped it after the one month and I gained all the weight back. Wish it had been a more positive experience...that was the easiest weight loss I ever had! I just didn't want to eat. But if you don't change your habits the weight returns when you stop taking it.

ULTIMATE GOAL
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #112
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 221/ticker/150

Height: 5' 8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleAshley View Post
just my two cents. just b/c u lose ur weight on phen does not mean u will gain it back. i took it three years ago and didn't gain back ONE lb til i got pregnant with my daughter. this time i got on phen for two months and lost 30 lbs. the past month that i've been off i've lost 6 MORE lbs... ya know y?? b/c i am still eating right and i'm still working out. i am going to go back on it tomorrow to jumpstart again and hopefully get off this last 24 in the next month and half or so. phentermine can b amazing for a jump start but maintaining is completely up to u. weight loss and maintaining is just a simple numbers game. calories in/calories out. stopping a pill cannot affect that.
What kind did you use? Manufacturer? Strength? How much did it cost? Where do you get it? Do you need a prescription?

aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #113

S/C/G: 260/178.4/130

Height: 5'2"

I would recommend not taking it from personal experience. My roommate soon to be ex-roommate/psycho took it for one year and made my life a living ****. She wouldn't eat for days and when she did eat, she would binge. I know for each person it is different, but her mood swings were unbearable.

I do not know if anyone else has the crazy mood swings, but hers were borderline psycho.

I also took this medicine for 3 months when I was 18, but stopped after my hair started falling out and restless nights and an increase in teeth grinding.
Sarah Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #114
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

I've been on Phentermine since the end of August with about a week of not taking it everyday. I've lost almost 40lbs since then. When I first started taking it I had this amazing moment of clarity and it felt like my mind had been clouded but now everything was blue skies! Haha, really tacky, I know, but it's true! It was such a good feeling! Then a few days later between 3-5PM I would get really warm (sweaty even), anxious, and I just felt like crap. So, I tweaked it and started taking half (I was on 37.5mg). Ever since then I've never had any terrible side effects and the pill is still pretty effective.

The only annoying thing I've experienced being on Phentermine is that I constantly bite the inside of my mouth. I did it a little bit before the Phen but being on it just made it worse. So, I just try and chew gum to keep from taking it out on my mouth.

It's different for everyone. For me, the anxiety/jittery feelings were quite unbearable and I could see why one would stop. But taking half has made all the difference for me.

Last edited by deathnotronic : 01-01-2009 at 09:06 AM.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #115

S/C/G: 170/167/150

Height: 5'6"

Default phentermine

I did some research and am leaning towards starting with phentermine. Does anyone know how to get started? Do you think my general doctor will prescribe this and can I get it through insurance? Or should I look for a weight loss clinic? Thanks for help or your opinion.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #116

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

My sister has been on phentermine for almost two years now, and her general doctor prescribed it to her. (Although I think he did so b/c she had weight gain as a complication of various anti-depressants.)

rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #117
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

I had a friend that used it a couple of years ago. She was able to get it over the internet without any hassle, but when she went to renew the prescription they wouldn't do it. There are weight loss clinics in my area that prescribe it, so you can probably find it where you live.
One word of caution. She lost 30 lbs very quickly (about 3 months) and has since put it back on. So, I'd say, it can help you lose weight but when you stop taking it, the weight can be gained back very quickly. She was POSITIVE that she was not going to gain the weight back, but she has.
Also, phentermine is an amphetamine which will test positive on random urine drug tests--if you're subject to that at your job.

The best way to lose weight is by sensible eating and exercise.

Good luck
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #118

S/C/G: 180/143/125

Height: 5'3"

Is Phentermine anything like Fen Phen?
Meenamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #119
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Phentermine is the Phen of Fen Phen.

They don't use the Fen (fenfluramine) part anymore due to heart trouble/complications.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #120

S/C/G: 298/230/150

I just started adipex yesterday. I only take half the pill though so I know I wont feel jittery. So far no side effects. I have just alittle more energy than before and have not had the cravings to eat all the time. I'm just using this to jump start the new me. I'm going to buy me the exercise bike I always wanted and with this pill learn how to control my hunger. My doctor gave a only a one months worth and wants to see me again in a month. I've read through all these posts and heard the bad and the good. I guess we time will tell
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.