3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Phentermine

Old 04-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #76
prepare for the BEST time

At the height of 5'5" and 150#, you don't fall into the morbidly obese category. I don't know that a physician would prescribe Phentermine for you or WHY you think you need it.....I don't know your specific body-type but 120# on my frame (we're the same height) would look sickly.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #77
starwish

S/C/G: 185/142/120

Height: 5'5

does anyone kown where i can get phentermine online?! or if i go to a weight loss clinics is their a way i can find out if they prescribe it before i go there!?!??!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #78

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

Hey Everyone -

I've gone back and read all of these posts and was just wondering how everyone is still doing on the Phen?
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #79

S/C/G: 269/264/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi,

I was going to start a new thread, but thought it would be too similar to this thread. I'm relatively new to 3FC. I've got a LOT of weight to lose.

I was on Phen years ago and it really worked well. When I quit taking it, yes, the weight came back, but I don't blame my quitting of the drug. When I quit Phen I also quit EVERYTHING. I totally fell off "the wagon."

I'm now the heaviest I've EVER been. I had my yearly OB/GYN physical and talked to my dr. about weight loss. He suggested the Adipex and HCG injections. I found a local dr.'s office that does it and went to fill out the initial paperwork today. They said it would probably be August before they could get me in.

This isn't just an impulse decision. I've been doing a LOT of thinking about what I need to do and I had actually been thinking about starting Adipex again before going to my dr. today. I'm making lifestyle changes that I KNOW I'll have to maintain and I'm trying to increase my excercise (however that's been really hard here lately). I just think/hope the Phen (isn't that the generic of Adipex?) will give me the energy I need to get up off my butt and move. I know it did before.

I had a COMPLETE physical about 2 or 3 months ago and I'm in really good health. My dr. cleared me for whatever kind of weight loss regime I wanted to do.

So, my point for posting was to ask: Do any of you know or have any of you heard or tried the Adipex/Phen with the HCG injection? Does it truly work? Is it really that much better than just the Adipex alone?

Thanks!

Mini Goal

kehb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:39 AM   #80

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

Kim -

First off, I hope things go well for you! I personally don't have any experience with the shots (and I think you're right about the Phen generic deal) but I've been reading another forum where people seem to have a lot of experience with a whole program like you're talking about.

http://www.phentermine.com/forums/ul...i/forum/4.html

If you don't get an answer here, you might want to check it out.
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #81

S/C/G: 269/264/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighHop View Post
Kim -

First off, I hope things go well for you! I personally don't have any experience with the shots (and I think you're right about the Phen generic deal) but I've been reading another forum where people seem to have a lot of experience with a whole program like you're talking about.

http://www.phentermine.com/forums/ul...i/forum/4.html

If you don't get an answer here, you might want to check it out.
Thanks Leigh!!

Mini Goal

kehb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:15 AM   #82

Height: 5'5"

I've read through all of the posts. Very informative!

I have been fairly successful for the last few months with making diet and exercise changes without the aid of a pill. (Don't ask me about the few months previous to that, though!) However, I have not been losing weight for the past few weeks, and I am beyond frustrated. I eat within my calorie range (and I'm thinking about increasing that range because I've been told that I am not eating enough), and exercise seven days a week, for anywhere from one to three hours. The scale just stopped moving, though.

My sister has been on Phen, and it was successful for her. What I would like to know, though, is if it actually increases metabolism, or just makes it easier to exercise and eat less. If it is the latter, I don't think it will help me much, as I am currently doing well on the eating and exercise. If it will boost my metabolism, though, I think I want to give it a shot, as this may be the missing piece to my weight loss puzzle - at least temporarily. So, is it a metabolism booster, or was my sister wrong? (I won't tell her that anyone disagreed with her!)

From reading this thread, I think I may try to use it for intervals - probably five on, nine off - for a maximum of six months. I would be interested in knowing opinions about that plan as well.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I learned A LOT from just reading the posts!

Trainer boy challenge #2 (09/11-11/11):

(Trainer boy challenge #1 completed 09/11 - down 23.2 pounds - starting weight 239.8)

New Year's Challenge (09/15-01/01):
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #83

Height: 5'7"

Hello every1,
Ive started taking Phen and Xenical , as of Thursday so far Ive lost 10 lbs. Since Thursday though I havnt lost anymore. I did stop Xenical (on Wed) for 3 days because of cramping. But I started back on it today. I`m eating low fat foods, no exercise.
Does anyone know why the cramping is so bad? Gas? Am I just going thru a time of adjustment? Then it eases off?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #84

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

i'm wondering about all these ppl who started taking this, and how they're donig now??? i'd love to hear updates!! and about how much is it in your area?

lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #85

Height: 5'7"

Well, I went back on the Fat-Blocker (combined with Phen), and lost 2 lbs.
It seems that with Xentical , not getting very far from the bathroom in case of a accident, and the Phen`s side affects of consipation , balances out for me.LOL. But Im eating very low fat. I work second shift and only eat twice a day. Buy the time I get up around 11:00am, eat breatfast, get ready for work and lunch (for me) is 8:00pm. When I get off at 12:00,I drive home ,take a shower and crawl in bed. Too tired to eat.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #86

S/C/G: 197/148/115

Height: 5'4

Default Cost?

Hello, ladies!

I've read through the whole thread and I've seen how the pills work differently for many people. I've been on a diet my whole life--from atkins, south beach, rice diet, jenny craig, weight watchers--I've tried them all..I'd be okay for several months and then--BAM! I'd gain all the weight I've lost plus 10. I have no problem starting a diet, its just staying on for the long run thats giving me problems.

I'm going to see my doc tomorrow for a prescription. The thing is I'm on a tight budget. I was wondering if insurance covers Phentermine or any other weight loss pills? I have 1199 Greater NY insurance. If not, how much is it costing you to pay for the pills?
dorko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:25 AM   #87

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'2

What is the deal with the water pills and b12? What is it for?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 AM   #88
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/202/182

Height: 5'6"

b12 gives you good feelings and water pills dehydrate you temporarily.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:28 AM   #89

S/C/G: 195/195/138

I took phen off and on for years. I believe it changes your brain chemistry as do most drugs. Stopping phentermine was miserable and my house was a mess that first month. My energy went so far down I felt like I was walking through mud.

I started having problems with my gallbladder and I now have to have surgery. I've been in great shape (not now!) during my life but it wasn't during the time I took phentermine. It was when I worked out and ate super healthy food.

The people I've known while taking phentermine, their personalities changed. I'm sure mine was different too. My kids seem to like me better these days.

I personally miss my morning phentermine but I won't take them again.

Believe the doctors when they say they are for short term use only. My recommendation is to make sure they don't become part of your lifestyle. Healthy eating and exercise what our bodies need.

I've learned the hard way that nothing is better than being healthy and fit.

My personal experience with phentermine, in the long run, it didn't help me,

Last edited by lamom : 10-21-2007 at 04:32 AM.
lamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #90

I also had a bad experience with Phentermine. I think it really messed with my brain. I did have a lot of energybut I could not sleep or eat. I was beyond grumpy and it made me very depressed. Some people like it. I guess it depends on our body chemistry. We are all so different. There really is no easy way..
NJGIRLinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.