3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Phentermine

Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #391

S/C/G: 268/211-ish/maybe 150'ish?

Height: 5'2

I have taken the Qualitest (37.5 mg) generic of Adipex off & on over the past 2 years & I've had so much success with it. It did make me jittery & super-hyper for about the first two weeks of taking it but it got better. I've had one doctor that strictly enforced the whole, take it for 3 months, take a month off, and it seemed to not be as effective after that month off. I did go almost 8 months without it within that 2 year time period & I ended up gaining a little bit back (15 lbs. out of the original 50 I lost) but that was because I had started my current job & oddly enough, gained weight in doing so (I work at Home Depot...I do a TON of running around!) but as soon as I realized just how many pounds were creeping back up, I cut the crap out of my diet & managed to lose 5 lbs. on my own & visited my doctor once I couldn't get the scale to move after that.

I know that there are many people that frown upon use of drugs like Phentermine but I know what works for me. Before, I'd never been able to lose any more than 15 lbs. over several months time before I'd get frustrated and quit. I lost 49 lbs. from July 2011-December 2011 and for the first time ever, I knew that I could do this! I don't depend on it but I know that I do better with it when I take it every morning.

I'm currently on my 4th month of taking it & it's still suppressing my hunger but I don't feel the huge bursts of energy that I used to, not even after taking a month off of it. I wish I knew where I could fill it around me that carries the KVK brand as I understand that to be one of the best. I know that there is 1 brand that carried by both my Walmart & Kroger pharmacies that is Mutual Tech. & it's awful! I might as well take a sugar pill & hope for the best. :/ So keep in mind, brands definitely do matter. I researched it online after trying to figure out if I'd just gotten a bad batch when I read probably hundreds of posts with complaints of different manufacturers. From what I've gathered & from my personal experience, KVK seems to be #1 & Qualitest is #2 for generic versions, based on effectiveness...but medicines will affect everyone differently, so we have to remember that.
melsweetie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #392

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I've been using Phentermine 37.5 mg for about 2 weeks. I definitely have lost weight. (I reuse to weigh myself until I go to the Dr in two weeks). The only side effect I have had is increased thirst. I do not get very hungry until the evening so I don't snack and can be more conscious about what I choose to eat.
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #393
This is the last straw...

S/C/G: 360+ / 341 / 280

Height: 6"

Default Qysmia

I just started taking Qsymia. I have taken phenteramine in the past, and I have taken topamax for migraines, though at MUCH higher dosage. But I have never taken them together. And it is so new, it is hard to find other people that have taken it.

Last edited by DRAFTROBIN : 03-18-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling error, should be qsymia
DRAFTROBIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #394

Default Phentermine Constipation

I just started taking Phentermine 5 days ago and already lost 5 pounds and feel wonderful, except for the constipation. And I wonder how am I loosing weight if I can't poop. Any suggestions on how to get back my regularity? I want to continue taking the phentermine, because it does work I just need something to negate the constipation. I want to hear from others who have taken Phentermine and had the same problem and what they did to become regular again. And I am drinking A LOT of water so that's not the problem.
trex220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #395
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex220 View Post
I just started taking Phentermine 5 days ago and already lost 5 pounds and feel wonderful, except for the constipation. And I wonder how am I loosing weight if I can't poop. Any suggestions on how to get back my regularity? I want to continue taking the phentermine, because it does work I just need something to negate the constipation. I want to hear from others who have taken Phentermine and had the same problem and what they did to become regular again. And I am drinking A LOT of water so that's not the problem.
A daily calcium/magnesium supplement. That is key for me, whether deal with constipation from Phentermine, Adderall or ppregnancy.

L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #396
vix

Hi, I know this is a phentermine thread but have any of you tried phen caps? They're a phentermine alternative. I'm starting them tomorrow and just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone has had results with them. Any comments would be very appreciated, thank you!
vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #397

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

I'm taking 30mg of duromine (phentermine with slow release resin) as perscribed by my GP and I'm feeling nothing. No side effects, no extra energy, still hungry, sleeping as usual etc...

I'm going off them, I don't see the point in taking something potentially harmful when it's not doing anything.

I have lost 8lbs but I attribute it to 1200 cals, low carb & exercise.

I planned to make sure I ate well while taking it, I was hoping it curbed the sweet tooth and allowed me to start a really good workout plan with the extra energy. I was lethargic and hungry and my body was screaming for the carbs I had eliminated, still had to go through the detox phase, phentermine didn't make a dent in that.

The only positive thing that has come out of this for me is that it gave me the kickstart I needed to really do this properly. I have made real attempts in the past to lose weight and failed miserably, the scale wouldn't budge. Maybe the phentermine was responsible for getting the scales to finally move but I'm not really sure.

Either way, not a totally negative experience from me but not a positive review either. At $100 a month I was hoping for a lot more!

Last edited by Paisleymama : 11-28-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: To add more details
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #398
vix

Yeah I can see why you'd be disappointed paisleymama. Like you say, at least it gave you a kick start and if you're losing on your own you know for sure you can do it now - good luck for the future!!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #399

S/C/G: 260/260/199

Height: 5'5

I personally have not taken this pill but my coworker/ "cube-mate" has and let me tell you we all knew when she was taking it again because she was so moody. She did not notice her mood but we did. She would take it then get off of it and start again months later without telling us and we would know right away. Maybe it was just her....either way it did help her lose weight but it made for interesting times at work.
sweetie8215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #400
vix

This is exactly why I didn't go for phentermine, the side effects horror stories just put me off - constipation, headaches, nausea, dizziness, cotton mouth, rashes...the list goes on - no thanks!!

11/15/13 - started phen caps
12/20/13 - down 10lbs
1/31/14 - down 20lbs
4/24/14 - down 30lbs

One for every 5 pounds lost =

Old 02-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #401

Default 3/14

Hi, ladies! So, I am new here and stumbled across this site as I was doing research about phentermine. A bunch of women I know have taken it and have had great success with it. I am currently 5'7 and 183 pounds, which I know is overweight. For years I have tried diet and exercise, and it seems like nothing I do has worked, so I have a doctor's appointment on March 14 to start on phentermine.

My question is, is it best to take it with or without food? I have seen some of you say with food, and some without; what is the difference? Thanks!
disneykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 AM   #402

S/C/G: 150/133/120

Height: 5'3"

Disney, I'd do whatever your doctor suggests. I was told, when I was on it a few years ago, to take it before 8:00, with or without food, so it doesn't interfere with sleep. (Oddly, it helped me sleep better.)
SlimmerBySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #403

S/C/G: 175/143/125

Height: 5'5"

I took Qysmia and it worked very well. I took it for two weeks and lost 9 pounds. I was not hungry at all, and nothing was more appealing than anything else. A piece of pizza held no more interest for me than carrots. The side effects grew worse. I was turning into a miserable person. So, I took myself off from it. My physician was glad that I made that decision. The mindset of Qysmia stayed with me, the indifference toward food, for weeks afterwards. I recommend trying it, even though it's pricey. You save in your food budget.
WeightGoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #404

Default Phentermine manufacturers

I am new to this forum. I just filled a prescription for phentermine 37.5 at CVS. The manufacturer is Qualitest. The dr specifically wrote on the scrip NO KVK and told me not to fill at Target Winn Dixie or Walgreens bc they used KVK. I have read on here that KVK does work but the doctor said it was no good. He said the football shaped pills were a waste of money.
What experiences have you had with Qualitest? ( the manufacturer name will be on the bottle)
NolaDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.