3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Phentermine

Old 02-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #286

S/C/G: 191/143/128

Height: 5'2"

Hello, all! I started taking Phen about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Looks like I've lost 7 pounds so far....goody!! I got mine from an actual doctor, who did blood work and blood pressure check and all that good stuff. Not sure what is done at a weight loss clinic. I assume, much of the same.

So, far the appetite has been greatly reduced. I still get hungry and feel the pangs of it, but I'm just not interested in food, so the hunger doesn't propel me to overeat. The dry mouth is a constant. I have no energy and usually feel totally drained, but I'm an insomniac, so that's to be expected. Of course, there's the constipation but MOM takes care of that. The other odd feeling I've been getting is a burning sensation specific to the left side of my chest, just above the breast. I read on another phen site that combining caffeine with phen can cause this. It could also be heartburn, since I sometimes belch when feeling this sensation.

Overall, my experience has been good, but there's still time for new side effects to emerge...hopefully not! I only have a month's script and then I must get evaluated again before receiving more. I am glad for this thread and sharing our phen experiences. Let's keep each other updated. Many blessings to everyone on their weight loss journey!!

HW(230 in 2003)
marielenrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #287

S/C/G: 216.5/190.3/150-ish?

Height: 5'7"

I had my first appointment with my bariatric doctor today and I am on a diet plan, Phentermine 30mg, and lipo shots 1x a week. Will let you guys know how it goes! I have been dieting for a while so I don't have that bulk water weight to lose - I hope to see that scale move more..
boxen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #288

S/C/G: 180/172/135

I see some people who are taking phen and there at a lower weight than me but I've been told that I prolly couldn't get it cause I don't weight enough or some sorta reason. But I am 30 lbs over weight I'd like to atleast take it a month I think it would really help me. I can maintain my weight great its loosing it I have a problem with.
Tiffany lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #289
No excuses, No regrets.

S/C/G: 278/190/175

Height: 5'9

I am meeting with just my primary physician tomorrow... I am going to talk to him about phen and see what he thinks. I am working on changing my lifestyle and eating habits but I am really needing a jump start.

Anyone have any tips about this drug? Anything I need to make sure and do or not do?

"Love all... Trust a few...Do Harm To None."
-William Shakespeare

"...And a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle!"-- U2

La Vie Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #290

S/C/G: 142.6/137.0/120

Height: 5ft

I have taken phentermine off and on for the last year. I didn't have any bad side effects. I lost 20 pounds intially but I did notice I easily gained when I wasn't on it. I worked out 3-5 days a week with it too which helped. I am trying to go at weight loss without now but I was never disappointed while taking it. Good luck!!!
gmccrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #291
No excuses, No regrets.

S/C/G: 278/190/175

Height: 5'9

My appointment went really well! My doctor was very cool about it and I am now on phentermine. I have taken my first dose (37.5mg) this morning at about 6am....

WOW! I feel kinda fantastic! I really didnt expect it to hit already but holy cow, it did! I dont feel my heart pounding at all but i think I am more awake than i have been in probably years. Honestly, for me that is amazing. I love it. For someone like me who has fought for so long with my energy it is a major improvement already. I am going to do this for 3 months. Hopefully this will be a good jump start. I had a small breakfast with my pill and I am not hungry at all (major improvement for me as well) I am CRAZY THIRSTY! Which is a bit weird but also good because I have a problem with drinking enough water every day anyway....

So yeah, so far very happy that i had this convo with my doctor and I'm trying it out. Will keep updating!

"Love all... Trust a few...Do Harm To None."
-William Shakespeare

"...And a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle!"-- U2

La Vie Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #292

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

i have an appt april 11th with my dr to see about getting a precription..::fingers crossed::

you'll never be anybody but yourself..
one cyber for every 5 lbs
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #293

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

I am glad this thread is still alive...the first pages are from 2006! In 2007 I was on phentermine and lost tons of weight, albeit too quickly. In 3 months I lost 70 lbs and won a radio weight loss contest. It was a spin off of the biggest loser and I won 100$, woo hoo! Shortly after that (I got down to 180) I went through some major life changes and quit taking it. It is now 2011 and I weigh 230lbs. I was back up to 250 something and am now here. I started seeing a primary care doctor a month or so ago and brought up phen. She said no right away and didn't really give any reasons. I gave her the short version of how it works, that I had taken it and that it WAS NOT Fen-phen. She then said that she would prescribe it if I got some blood work done first. I did the blood work, all came back well and she wrote the script yesterday. I took my first pill today. To those of you taking 37.5mg who started out on that much, did you know that the lowest dosage available is 15mg and 37.5 is the highest? My doctor didn't know that and was trying to give me 37.5. I asked her to call a pharmacy and they told her the correct mg. So I have 15mg. The only reason I ask is because you build up a tolerance for it, and if you are already on the highest dosage I don't see you being able to continue with it (I could be wrong). It looks like in capsule form you take 15mg, then 30 and then 37.5. In tablet form you can take half (18.75) and then a whole at 37.5. I figure that since this stuff works I want to be able to use it for as long as possible, seeing as I have a lot of weight to lose. Although I am also changing my lifestyle and this is only a tool I want to continue to reap its benefits Hmmmm....I actually feel like walking the dogs...I love the energy this gives me as well as the fact that I need to remind myself to eat instead of thinking about food all of the time.

Mini Goals-
10% (from 230)-207lbs-
Into the 2teens- 5/8/2011
ONEderland-
No longer obese (191lbs)-

Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #294

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I started phen for the first time March 14. I'm also hypothyroid for 15 + years. The first couple days I was a little over hyper and did not sleep very long. That's evened out, and I'm sleeping just fine now. I started my new eating plan today, so the past two weeks I ate whatever I wanted to. Honestly, I ate junk the past two weeks and still lost a pound using the phen. With hypothyroidism and a sluggish metabolism, I do love the energy and 'awake' feeling I have on the phentermine. I'm excited to see how I do now that I'm on a eating and exercise plan along with the phen. My husband started phen this week and the same eating and exercise plan with me. I know phen is a tool, and I do not want to gain any weight back after I get off the drug, so I'm working very hard to change my eating and exercise habits now.
I do think it works - I still have food cravings, but I can ignore them. I'm also eating less at my scheduled meals. I know I need to eat, but just don't want big plates full of food. I'm even leaving food on my plate sometimes!
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #295

S/C/G: 234/234/182

Height: 5'7

a few years ago i went to a weight loss centre and was given phentamine....i didn't mind the side effects and learnt very quickly not to take it to late in the day or i would be up half the night. i lost 49lb in 3 months and it felt great. That was 7 years ago. i stopped taking it fell in love had 2 more children and have put on 67lb so i am worse off than when i started last time. i think as long as you know that you have to work very hard after you lose the weight and not slip back into the bad ways that you had before taking phen then it is a very good helper. i am considering going back to the clinic but going to see what i can achive without it first. good luck to you all and i wish you lots of weight loss xx
oxXSAMXxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #296

Do people have a hard time getting a doctor to prescribe phentermine? I have never taken any diet drugs, but am to the point of where I think I might need something to just start me out. A couple of years ago I broached the subject with my gyno, but she was so against diet drugs that she wouldn't even talk to me about it, so I never looked into it. I have PCOS and ever since I had my daugher 5 years ago, I have not been able to get all the baby weight off and in fact, I think I have gained another 15lbs since then. 5 9 and 240lbs - sick of it.

I am currently calorie counting, but find that I am just starving all the time and just can't sick to it at all. Plus, it never seems like I lose any weight while dieting. I really don't want to "doctor shop" in order to find someone who is willing to give me a prescription. Are there any diet clinics or doctors that prescribe it in the northern Washington area around Bellingham or Everett? I would go as far as Seattle I guess if I knew I could get some help
annjenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #297

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

annjenni- look up near by weightloss clinics.

GOAL WEIGHT

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry...-A.H
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #298

Hello to all!!! I was wondering if there is any possibility to buy phentermine without a prescription? I found a webpage where you can buy them (very expensive by the way) without any prescription,...of course could be an scam, but Im not that sure.
I don't know this medication but for what i read it seems to work. I will tell my doctor if she can prescribe it to me, but I dont know what she would say. I used to take Ipogras (sibutramine) like 2 years ago and it was very good. I know is not approved any more by the FDA, but honestly it worked for me. I lost almost 50 pounds. Now im married and fat again!...need to find something to help me.
lachifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #299

S/C/G: 363/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

You can' t get phentermine without a script. I wouldn't trust those online pharmacy. Talk to your md, If they aren't receptive or seem disapproving maybe you should consider a new doc?

I want 20!
Here I go again! This time with a beautiful baby Maddie!
Goals:
5% gone by Me and Hubby's anniversary(08/15/12)
10 % gone by Oktoberfest! (10/4/12)
15 % Gone by Christmas! (12/25/12)
Mrsralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachifa View Post
Hello to all!!! I was wondering if there is any possibility to buy phentermine without a prescription? I found a webpage where you can buy them (very expensive by the way) without any prescription,...of course could be an scam, but Im not that sure.
I don't know this medication but for what i read it seems to work. I will tell my doctor if she can prescribe it to me, but I dont know what she would say. I used to take Ipogras (sibutramine) like 2 years ago and it was very good. I know is not approved any more by the FDA, but honestly it worked for me. I lost almost 50 pounds. Now im married and fat again!...need to find something to help me.
Be careful about this. I too have been looking around and it seems there are a lot of scams out there. It is discouraging because I asked my gyno about something to help with weight loss - totally unreceptive and I never asked again...instead ended up gaining more weight over the past couple years. Then just recently asked my internal medicine doctor (was in seeing him about something else) and he shut me down too!! It is like all the doctors are so against diet drugs. I understand they have side effects and everything, but phen is approved by the FDA as a appetite suppressant and I am only looking for something to help me start out (keep me motivated). Do they think that carrying around all this extra weight for a prolonged period is healthy? Ha ha. I would rather take the chance and lose the weight with the help of phentermine than plugging away, never losing anything and getting discouraged and giving up!!!

Back to your question though...I too have started looking around online since my doctors will not prescribe anything to me and would rather me take the risk of ordering online and using something without being under doctor's supervision. I have found that the reputable discussion boards that talk about this, do not come right out and tell you where to order from. It is like you have to read between the lines and do your own research. The reason being is ...once there is a good reliable source, nobody wants to tell where they are ordering from in fear that their source will go away. So, you have to do some digging and researching and once you think you found someplace to order from, just make sure to research them and make sure they are not scammers!
annjenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.