3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Phentermine

Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #271

Default Phen 375

I believe this is the same as what you are talking about. I have been taking this product for 2 weeks and it really has been working. I am not a fan at all of fat burners but my girlfriend brought this and left it sitting around so i decided to use it. I lost 8lbs so far. Side effects if your not careful you MAY get dizzy but i was really pushing it with the exercise but it hasn't happened since. I think you should check it out.

You can just google Phen 375.
bizbthegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #272

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I may start weening myself off of Phentermine. I found myself waking up at 4am with crazy amount of energy every day last week. I took yesterday (Friday) off and slept through the night and as usual will take the weekend off. I really loved not having to deal with feeling hungry and having more energy, but I don't think taking Phenermine is or was supposed to be a permanent solution.

JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #273

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Just reporting in, one week off Phentermine, sleeping issue has been resolved and down a pound. If I successfully used it to kick-start my plan and am now off of it and keep losing, I will be thrilled!

JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #274

Just an update been on this for 2 weeks and down about 10lbs. I decided I like to have my coffee and then take the pill about 10 am and have not had any sleep issues.
alley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #275

Yes. I also took another one similar that my Dr had written and rx for.

I did not have energy with either. I was also doing the weekly B-12 injections. I only ended up losing 12 pounds in 4 months and most of that was due to the change in my diet and not the shots or the phen.

I finally quit taking it all including the B-12 injections. It took me about a month to get back to normal. The phen made me severly depressed. I kept waiting for my energy to go and go like the energizer rabbit, but it never happened. I came home from work and hit the bed at my regular bedtime.

I would not take this phen again as I feel the results were not worth the side effects it had on me or the fact that it isn't the best and safest thing to do.

Since I have recently became unemployed I am hoping to see if I can lose some of this weight I gained in my last job.

Last edited by robynlmac : 01-15-2011 at 10:45 PM.
robynlmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #276

S/C/G: 289/266/150

Height: 5`3

I have been taking Phentermine since Nov 2,2010 and so far i have lost about 23 pounds, i have about 2 months worth of pills left so im trying to work out much harder these two coming months. My doctor said i can only be on it for about 4 mnths.
Wynter616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #277

S/C/G: 180/175.5/130

I just started taking Phen-Pro (Phentermine and a low dose Prozac) on Monday. It is certainly helping supress my appetite. I am aslo following Dr. Anchors 5 rules trying to change my lifestyle and my relationship with food. I don't feel like I am on speed. I actually feel quite calm. So far so good.
bitterbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #278

Well it has been 1 week and I have lost 6 pounds. Of course some of our is water.
I am eating 3, 400 calorie meals a day. I am changing my evening routine snds hope
New habbits form, like early to bed instead of the after dinner snackfest. I take my med
At 11am and it works for about 11 hours. I am sleeping very well.So far I am pleased.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #279
ONe day at a time

S/C/G: 143/136/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy06 View Post
I've recently started taking Phentermine and was wondering if I'm the only person out there taking this prescription? I've heard of all the negative things that happened with the Phen-Fen combination but nothing has been said since about only Phentermine... I'm a little nervous about the side effects but since my doctor prescribed it I'm not that worried.

Any comments/experience would be appreciated!!

I LOVE phentermine! It's the only appetite suppresant that actually worked for me. I am just beginning the Atkins diet, but I've used the weight loss clinics with the shots and phentermine and that worked too, its just when I come off of those specific diets I gain because I'm not at all disciplined in my eating habits. Hoping to change that this go-round)

As for the side effects, it can make you jittery, so start off taking only half a tablet in the morning. It prevents me from sleeping when I've been on it for a while. Good luck!
MrsMerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #280

S/C/G: 165/155/125

Height: 5'3

Default My experience...

As I am sure all of you were, I was very excited about starting Phentermine in the beginning. I had about 30 pounds to lose and went to a weight loss clinic that gave me my first one month prescription. The first month I felt great and lost 8 pounds. It truly suppressed my appetite to the point that I would sometimes forget to eat. The second month was a different story. I began to feel something I can only describe as "brain fog," and it got severe. Being in graduate school, this presented a problem. I also started having migraines and weird shooting pains in my hands. Granted, all of this occurred after an increase in the dosage to the 37.5, which was recommended by the weight loss clinic, because they knew I would have much slower weight loss in the second month. I wanted to keep taking it, because it was working, but I HAD to stop. About a month later, I was thinking clearly again, but I had regained all 8 pounds plus 5 more. I'm sure Phentermine is great for some people, but it was not right for me. I have since started eating healthy and working out and have re-lost the 8 pounds in about a month all on my own.
LivelyLibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #281

went to my first weigh in- about 1month on phen i missed about a weekand a half of taking them due to vacation and a cold- lost 11lbs 13 inches. Still feel fine on them and sleeping well.
alley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #282

Default Been taking phen for almost a year...

I was at 200lbs and now I'm at 160lbs. I'll be honest, I dont do anything and I dont watch what I eat. I dont eat a whole pizza anymore though, but so far I've lost 40lbs. No side effects other than dizziness but not sure if its from that. I also have low thyroid. People with low thyroid may find that they love Phen. I had so much energy I told my doctor how clean my house got just over night. LOL She said she thought I might need a decrease. So, I lost my first 20lbs just taking a quarter of the 37.5 dosage and now I take half. This is a drug that you should stick with the working dose for a while and then increase over time. You need to decide that and not your doctors. My doc has let me call all the shots on increasing/decreasing. So far no problems.
garnet8677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #283

So I have been taking PhenPro for 4 weeks tomorrow and
Have lost 18 pounds. I am sleeping well ands have no side effects.
Very pleased. The low dose prozac is the key to no side effects
And keeps the phen working.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #284

S/C/G: 268/251.1/200

Down 11lbs in 13 days..it works for me, no side effects . I do experience slight hunger at regular meal times. The difference is I can be satisfied with very small portions. I'm eating around 1000 calories per day, keeping an eye on my carbs..
Old 02-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #285

I am going to a clinic tomorrow for my first appt. I was told they would most likely start me with phen along with the wellbutrin I already take. Can anyone tell me what to expect at this first appt and relay any weight loss clinics experiences? The clinic is run by a bariatric Dr. and he has been on some of the major news channels.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.