3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Phentermine

Old 09-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #256

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

it def. made me have more energy which i loved. I never felt my heart beat faster than normal. I actually loved it. I took it for 2 mths to help with a jump start, a yr ago. You cant stay on it long term. Its worth a shot. worse case, u stop taking it. Everyones body is diff and everyone will react differently.

I may not be able to lose 100 pounds, but I can lose 10 pounds 10 times!
for every 10lbs=
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #257
Just imagine....

I take adipex which is basically the same thing. I love it. It only effects my sleep for the first week, but I recently decided to only take half of a pill instead of the whole thing and it's still effective in taking away hunger and does NOT keep me up at night. I have taken phentermine as well, and I much prefer adipex. Good luck to you!
Hot Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #258
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

I have taken it. Alot of people equate it with legal speed, however--since I have actually DONE speed (back in my highschool years) I can tell you its not. Theres no skin crawling, no heart racing for me.

If you do it right, it can be a good jumping off point. What I did was take it for 6 weeks, stop for three and then do 6 more weeks. That seems to be plenty. As far as side effects heres what I had:

Increased thirst. (Not too bad, since you drink lots of extra water--which, incidentally, is good for weight loss)

Difficulty sleeping (not that big of a deal- just take unisom(which is basically benedryl)

Constipation. Take fiber, and have fiber one bars for your snack. Solves this problem.

If your bloodpressure is an issue, don't take this pill. You will get some nasty headaches- according to my sister. I didn't get a burst of energy from the pill. I loved the appetite suppressant though. Its wonderful to just fight the mental battle of eating less for a while, instead of having to deal with the physical cravings.

But its no miracle pill thats for sure...
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #259
BAMF

S/C/G: 253/251/150

Height: 5'5

I've heard different things about phentermine, the cons usually being insomnia due to the caffeine. I personally use the ECA stack, (ephedrine, caffeine, asprin) but when I started getting sleepless, I started to take the doses earlier in the day, so the effects would affect my sleeping less.

The others are right though, usually when you stop taking weight loss supplements, the weight is gained back very quickly if you don't live a very active life style.
shamrockin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #260

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

all this does is suppress your appetite? or does it increase metabolism or something else?

shamrockin32, I read you don't need the aspirin in the ECA stack as it can cause ulcers.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:22 AM   #261

S/C/G: 195/192/165

Height: 5'11

I took it before. It works great at first, but I built up a tolerance pretty quickly.
Nurse Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #262
Lisa

S/C/G: 300/290/180

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

It can increase your metabolism.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #263

S/C/G: 364/ticker/199

Height: 5'11"

I lost 30 pounds taking Phentermine several years ago. The effectiveness wore off as my body became used to the drug, and the doctor didn't want to increase my dose because it was raising my blood pressure. After getting off of it, I promptly gained the entire 30 back plus 20 more. It works, but you have to be realllly careful about maintaining the loss.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #264

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Here's a lot more on it...

Phentermine

JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #265

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I've been on it on weekdays only for 4 months now. The side effects have diminished and I'm down 41 lbs. Really working on eating properly, weight training and cardio. Very pleased!

JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #266

S/C/G: 217/136/115

Height: 5'3

does anyone know if there is an age limit for phentermine? and when you go to the doctor.. how do you tell him you want to go on it?
missmandiex0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #267

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

I have hypothyroidism and my doctor is talking to me on January 10th about taking phentermine. When he first mentioned it I respectfully declined as I was doing fine losing the weigh on my own...then came a 4 month plateau in weight loss, followed by weight gain, so I decided to give it a shot.

I've noticed a lot of people talking about gaining the weight back. What I wonder is, while you were on the phentermine were you following a healthy diet and exercise program, and when you went off the phentermine, did you maintain said program? I just find it hard to believe that all of these people were eating healthily and exercising regularly and still gained all the weight back and then some. I can see gaining a few pounds back because the stimulant is no longer there, but definitely not the whole shebang and another one.

If anyone would like to discuss their diet and exercise habits while on phentermine and afterwards when they gained the weight back, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to experience the joy of losing the weight just to gain it all back and then some!

My goal weight for the BL challenge!
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #268

I started these today. I can say I do not feel jittery at all.. I can tell that I am on something though. My house is spotless lol My mood seems pretty level I was worried that I would become stressed out as other diet pills have done that to me and I had to quit taking them although those usually make me feel jittery as well. I found a weight loss doctor in the phone book and am hoping to lose about 80lbs so hopefully these give me the boost I need. Ill keep an update on this forum as I have a 30 day prescription.
alley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #269

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

I had a dr. appt. with my neurologist the other day and talked to him about the phentermine, and he said it should be fine, just that I should take half of the required dose. He even sent a note to my family doctor stating as much.
So now I'm just waiting for the 10th to roll around, and I'll keep everyone here up-to-date on my experience!

My goal weight for the BL challenge!
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #270

Just wanted to update that I took my first pill yesterday at around 1pm and didn't have much trouble falling asleep. I usually go to bed about 11ish anyways so it seemed to work fine. Took my second today at about 8 after I ate breakfast. I still seem to eat fine just food doesn't taste as good and I do feel fuller faster... so I am definatly eating less. The only thing I miss right now is coffee lol but I read that it can make phen leave your system faster and make it less effective. I guess I just finished going 9 months with out coffee I can go another month :P
alley is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.