3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Phentermine

Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #226

Butterfly,

Good luck. I started today at the Dr.

Robyn

robynlmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #227

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Just peeking in ladies, I began Phentermine today!

Mini Goal #1: Onederland 199 (or lower) - 4/20/13
Mini Goal #2: 185 - 8/1/2013
Mini Goal #3: 175 - 50 lbs lost

BellaBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #228

S/C/G: 165-i think/165/125

Height: 5'5"

Good luck! I go to the Dr on July 7th for blood work and an EKG to make sure I can do it!!
Butterfly10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #229

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Good luck to you as well Butterfly10!

Mini Goal #1: Onederland 199 (or lower) - 4/20/13
Mini Goal #2: 185 - 8/1/2013
Mini Goal #3: 175 - 50 lbs lost

BellaBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #230

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

This is my third time on Phentermine. The first time was in 1994 and I took it at a weight loss clinic that had a doctor on staff. More than the pill itself, going in to get weighed every week really helped me go from 190 to 150lbs. This makes me think I need to join WW. The dry mouth just makes me drink more water, which I consider key to my weight loss.

Then I married my husband, moved, stopped working out and stopped watching what I ate. No surprise I gained a ton of weight, but I don’t blame the pill at all, it was my diet (or lack there of) and sedentary lifestyle. I tried taking the pill again, this time from my doctor, and also tried Meridia, but neither worked because I was eating too much and not getting enough exercise.

I started working out with a trainer last September and have been working out 2x a week from Sept. 2009- April 5, 2010 without losing 1 pound. I was not getting enough cardio, not working out enough, not drinking enough water, and most importantly, not sufficiently cutting portion sizes and calorie/carbs/fat intake.

So I went to my doctor and we tested me for hypothyroid and other things that could be keeping me from losing weight. When we determined that my lack of weight loss did not have a medical cause, he prescribed me IC Phentermine 30 mg tablets at my request. He also wrote a note to my insurance company and they are paying for it. If I had to pay cash it would be $31/month.

I would recommend starting it over a weekend. I was up all night the first night as if I was on speed. I’m also itchy, another thing I associate with speed. However, I feel great. I have tons of energy and people keep telling me how happy I look.

I know when I go of it, unless I maintain the exact same lifestyle as I did on it, the pounds will come back with a bonus, but I am going to do my best not to let that happen.

I was considering WLS, and for me, this is a much less radical option to kick-start my journey to Onederland.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #231

Jess, Good luck! You can do it!! Please keep us updated!
Old 07-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #232

testing this ticker thingy...

Be who you are, say what you feel. Those who matter, don't mind.
Those who mind, don't matter." --Dr. Seuss
Old 07-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly10 View Post
Jess, Good luck! You can do it!! Please keep us updated!
Thanks, I will!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #234
Moving and Losing

S/C/G: 330/285/180ish

Height: 6'0

Is there anyone out there on Phen at the moment? I just started last Tuesday.

One funky dancing guy = 10lbs

MissLeeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #235
Child of Har, 6rayedstar

S/C/G: 361/200/150

Height: 5'4

It works. It makes you less hungry, but if you are like me and you are an emotional eater, well it won't work too well because you are eating for pleasure/calming, rather than hunger.

I lost 10 pounds on it, however, when you are off of it,

YOU. MUST. BE. EXTEREMLY. CAREFUL. to watch your intake, since your hunger will come back with a vengance and the pounds will creep on.

--- every man and every woman is a star/LVX
Harsdottir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #236
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

Height: 5'4"

WOW Har you have done very well. Have you been low carbing also?
I have been on Phen since June 9th. Doctor said i should eat 1700 calories a day and one whole Phen made it impossible to eat that much. So I started taking half a day. I take the 37.5 football shaped tablets that can be broken. If you take the time release capsules DO NOT break them.

I was still having a hard time eating 1700 calories of healthy food a day and my weight would go up and down every day. Lose 1 pound go up 2.
Lose 2 pounds gain one back.
So I started low carbing a week ago and have lost 3 pounds this past week without the fluctuation.

I also started taking my half at about 11;00 am.
if I take it too early I find myself too hungry later at night. And that is my danger zone.
I've never been a big eater when I wake up so I do not need it early in the morning.
I love low carbing, I feel more awake and natural energy. The phen does not give me a speed feeling. Just helps me be calm about my food and I do not think about food all the time like before.
I lost 5 pounds right before I went on it as I had a ton of work to do in the yard and my greenhouse which about totally wore me out.
Then got on the Phen and lost 11 pounds this past month.

The biggest wonderful thing about the Phen for me is that it gave me a boost when I needed it in the exercise department. I finally am using the treadmill we have had for a year.

Luck and hugs to everyone here.
woodgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #237

S/C/G: 135/106/110

Hi everyone, I recently asked by doctor if he could give me a prescription for phentermine, but he said I should be able to lose weight with diet and exercise.

I was just wondering do you have to be a certain weight to get a prescription for phentermine? If I find a different doctor, will they give me a prescription? Sometimes my appetite is just out of control and it would make dieting a lot easier if I had something to suppress it.
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #238

I too have been taking phentermine (prescribed by my doctor) for a few months. I am doing well on it. The side affects went away after a few weeks. I have lost around 22 lbs while oh it and have changed my way of eating (way less and more vegetables).

Krazy, my doctor will only prescribe it if you are in the obese category. HTH
jamieheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #239
Child of Har, 6rayedstar

S/C/G: 361/200/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodgal1 View Post
WOW Har you have done very well. Have you been low carbing also?
I have been on Phen since June 9th. Doctor said i should eat 1700 calories a day and one whole Phen made it impossible to eat that much. So I started taking half a day. I take the 37.5 football shaped tablets that can be broken. If you take the time release capsules DO NOT break them.

I was still having a hard time eating 1700 calories of healthy food a day and my weight would go up and down every day. Lose 1 pound go up 2.
Lose 2 pounds gain one back.
So I started low carbing a week ago and have lost 3 pounds this past week without the fluctuation.

I also started taking my half at about 11;00 am.
if I take it too early I find myself too hungry later at night. And that is my danger zone.
I've never been a big eater when I wake up so I do not need it early in the morning.
I love low carbing, I feel more awake and natural energy. The phen does not give me a speed feeling. Just helps me be calm about my food and I do not think about food all the time like before.
I lost 5 pounds right before I went on it as I had a ton of work to do in the yard and my greenhouse which about totally wore me out.
Then got on the Phen and lost 11 pounds this past month.

The biggest wonderful thing about the Phen for me is that it gave me a boost when I needed it in the exercise department. I finally am using the treadmill we have had for a year.

Luck and hugs to everyone here.
Hi Woodgal

Thanks for the support. You must eat or your metabolism will die. Its so easy to just think that eating less or nothing at all is the solution. It will just serve to slow down you rmetabolism and make it harder to lose weight.

I actually do NOT really carb count as much as I calorie count.

--- every man and every woman is a star/LVX
Harsdottir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #240

After 10 days on Phentermine I couldn't eat enough to keep losing and hit a plateau, so now I am just taking it on some days. I don't know how or if that will work.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.