3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Phentermine

Old 04-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #211

S/C/G: 144/122.5/117

Height: 5'1"

Hi Eumie! I too have had a problem of being hungry all the time. I was to the point of my mind constantly being on food. I don't want to live like that anymore and really need to figure out a way to end that.
Congrats on your 8.5lb loss! That's awesome!

Aussie_Chick~ Lots of luck at the lunch with your boss! Stay strong.

Yes, with my hubby in the Corps, there are many times he's gone. I've always been single parenting it even though I'm married.
I think our marriage was built on him being gone most of the time.lol In the beginning of our marriage, he was gone having to do back to back tours in Iraq for the war. When we were in Hawaii, he was gone on the big island of Hawaii for several post ops and even spent some time for classes back on the mainland of the U.S. and then also got to spend some time in Australia.
We got use to there just being times that he's gone. Right now he's doing recruiting duty and it means he's home more often. I think it's been harder on myself and the kids getting use to him being home more often than when he was always gone.lol

We've got a little over a year left though in Indiana while he's on recruiting duty here. We have no family close by, it's going on five years since we've lived any where close to any family. Our family has always been other military families and friends. But now that he was sent onto recruiting duty, we're away from even them and it's definately an adjustment. Especially because I've had the hardest time with finding new friends here in the "civilian world".
So basically I do things on my own with the kids. Whatever I do, I've got atleast one or two kids with me at all times. I wouldn't mind doing something fun on my own, although I've also had a hard time finding much to do here.
When we lived in Hawaii, I was walking everywhere, there was more to do and the beach was our backyard. I was definately more active there!

Your netball sounds like a lot of fun! I was never good at basketball so I never really played. I always did like tennis though.

Oh, congrats on finding out that your health fund covers part of your meds!! My health doesn't cover any weight related costs, so I've been paying for everything out of pocket. My first doc appt. was the most expensive, topping out around 300.00 US dollars. Now, I pay about 115.00 a month for my appts and meds. It'll be good to not have to pay anymore so hopefully this is it.
I admit I'm a bit nervous that my weight loss is on a plateau. So I'm more at the point of caving lately. I hate when I do that to myself. I need to stay strong some how.

Last edited by remee : 04-19-2010 at 01:53 PM.
remee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #212

I totally get the whole marriage based on him not being there, it makes absolute sense.. I have seen on TV how a lot of the military familys stick together and support each other. I don't think I could cope being so removed from everyone, and that support network.

Maybe you should look at getting in tennis, you will meet lots of people, maybe you could do it whilst your little man is in child care or kinder?

I did ok at the lunch yesterday.. I arranged with a girlfriend at work to go halves in a pizza (we went to a pizza place) and share a salad. I was really proud of myself, I didn't eat all the pizza.. Normally I would eat one to myself.

I guess it is about baby steps. I find I go off the wagon a bit when I start to pletau. Hang in there, making the right choices will get you going again, and maybe a shake up like tennis or something might get you going again?

I weigh myself everyday, and I know I shouldn't but I do. It helps keep me honest during the day. On the weekend, the scales had a 1kg gain, but not discouraged, this morning there was nearly a 1kg loss, so hopefully I am trending down. I really want to loose 2kg this week, to get me to the 10kg mark in a month.

Did I mention my sister is starting the duromine, I can't wait for her to start as well. This week she is going to the doctors and will take her first one on Saturday morning. I will let you know how she goes.

Well, it is 8:53 am here.. I have been up since 5am, exercised, had some crappy bran for breakfast and have packed nutrious foods for the day... So should be a good food and exercise day today...

Hope you guys are going well... Just thinking do you guys have a favourtie motivational or weight loss quote or mantra??? My favourite is "Failing to plan is planning to fail". I live by this.... What about you guys?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #213

Hi~ It's been a crazy busy few days so I thought I'd check in to see how it's going!
So far I've been doing really well with my diet. Exercise has been on the back burner unfortunately so I need to pick that up.
We're expecting rain for the next 4 days or so, so it looks like a weekend of board games with the fam.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #214

Oh, I don't really have a weightloss quote or anything but I do always think that if we fall off the wagon one day, the next day is there and ready for a fresh start.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #215

That is so true, with the next day a fresh start...

I have been pretty busy with work and home lately, so haven't had a chance to catch up. I am still doing well, I should hit another milestone this week. I jumped on the scales and I was 120.6kg, so another .6kg and I will be under the 120kg mark... very excited! I can't wait to break out of the 120's...!

I have been good eating wise and had an interesting test on the weekend. I had to get money out, and the only place close by (walking distance on a cold wet night) was McDonalds. I went in there, and had to buy something. I bought a small diet coke and got my cash and left... Very happy! There is no way I would have been able to do that 1 month ago.

I told my mum I was on Duromine last night, and she says things like "that is toxins for your body" "I am against any type of medication" "Anything that messes with your body" "I never thought you would take that, you know it is lifestyle" blah blah blah, all the while she is sitting there drink wine, and I am thinking, well I don't drink alchohol or coffee, I don't smoke etc... How could her alcohol be that different from my Duromine? Don't get me wrong, love my mum, she is the best! And we have a say what mean and mean what you say type policy, so when she is on my case I get annoyed.

Still exercising well, and eating well. My sister started taking the tablets on the weekend, and surprise surprise she is the same as me... Tired on them. Weird! She is on 15mg though...
Old 04-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #216

OMGosh, I'm so excited for you!! You're doing great! And wow, going into Mc. D's and not coming out with food is awesome! I find that I go through fast food drive thru's more often than I'd like because of my kids and being out when they need to eat something. It can be hard some days not caving.

You know, I guess we as people, just choose in our minds what is "toxic" and not.. We're all different and unique and sometimes it can make it hard to get the support we'd like but whatever we do, we can't let that make us stumble. If we use this TOOL the right way, it's temporary. If we use this TOOL the right way, we can become healthy! We just need to keep on and remember to use our tools in a way to keep us on the right path when we don't need them anymore.
The cool thing though is that you have your sister and you two can support eachother in a very positive way. That's wonderful! Tell your sister I wish her lots of luck on her journey!

Last edited by remee : 04-28-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #217
Kelly Renee

S/C/G: 210/201/160

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies...I'm on day 2 of the phentremine...I am feeling great. No snacking. When I'm hungry I eat a meal and that's that. Not to mention my meals are much smaller.

I'm hoping to be down 10 lbs by June 12th if not more.

I told my doctor that this was mearly a kick start in the right direction...

Hope to be back to post GOOD results...
FatChiconaMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #218

Hi All,
It has been ages since I last wrote in... It has been super crazy at work..! I hope everyone is still here...

So, my sister is doing well, although not having the results that I am. My results have slowed down a little, but I am still thrilled. It has been 6 weeks-ish and I have lost 15kgs. I exercise every day and have been eating well, so really pleased with my focus and commitment.

I was hoping to get to 100kg by the end of the course of duromine, but I think that might be a bit of a stretch, but that is fine, I will defintley get in to the 100's kgs as I am 116 right now. I am going to up the exercise to try and get some big numbers, and I am starting to worry now about coming off the pills... I wonder if I will have any sideaffects, considering I have had none on them.

Hope everyone is going well and wondering how you are tracking! Fatchiconamission... How are you going?
Old 05-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #219

S/C/G: 310/240/180

Height: 5'5"

Cool

Howdy,

I've been on Phentermine since November. I don't get all warm like I used to. But I definitely feel like it's made an impact. Even on the weeks when I don't take it. I don't eat as much. i feel as though my stomach has "shrank" I think I'm more in touch with full and when I'm thirsty. I've lost 70 lbs and made some huge life style changes. It's really helped me focus on what is good food. Of course I made those choices initially and had to learn to just say no, but now it makes those decisions easier even when I'm on an off week.

Good Luck!

A welcome bump in the road on my journey
aphimira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #220

Wow, 70 lbs is amazing!!! I am a few kg's off 20kgs, so I am really focused on getting there.

I am nervous about my off time, I have one more month to go and then I have to stop for a month.

Did you have any withdraw symptoms as such when you stopped taking it?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #221
Kelly Renee

S/C/G: 210/201/160

Height: 5'7

After one week I'm down 5 lbs and am really proud of myself...I eat breakfast (high fiber oatmeal), lunch and dinner...no snacking. And when I eat stuff that isn't so good for me I can't eat as much...I'm looking forward to seeing what week 2 has to offer. Gonna start my walking tomorrow...hoping that makes a difference.

Keep up the good work!!
FatChiconaMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #222

well done! I had great results in my first month. 10kg, which is about 20lbs I think... So well done! Exercise for me is the key. My sister isn't loosing that much, she is on only the 15mg and doesn't exercise, so I think that is her problem... I really want to hit some big losses this week!

I am going to the Doctors Friday to get my 3rd month presecription, can't wait to weigh in.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #223

Weighed in with my doctor last week, and lost another 10kg in the month, although my scales say I am still 1.2kg off...

Still exercising everyday and starting to notice a change in my body shape... I can taste the 100kg mark... I really can, I have decided when I get there I am going to buy myself a little pandora bead for my bracelet, one that is a buddah, to celebrate my non-buddah-ness....

I am probably 2 weeks from not wearing my favourite jeans anymore, and in to the next size down I have at home... Very happy!

When I weighed in, I had low blood pressure, has anyone else had this?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #224

Hi~
Aussie Chick, big congrats to you!! I'm so happy to see you coming closer and closer to your goal!

I had my last visit with my weight doctor almost a couple weeks ago and so far I'm doing well. I've lost a bit of weight and am still going.
Since I've changed my whole diet, I feel comfortable with days when I want to eat more than usual and I can see me reaching my weightloss goal as well.

I'm still battling with lack of exercise and now that I've been losing weight, I can see I need to get it going more now than ever.lol
I tend to like to take my weight battles one at a time though. I focused on the new diet and gave that time to sink in and my next battle will be adding in exercise. I hope it goes well!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #225

S/C/G: 165-i think/165/125

Height: 5'5"

How is everyone doing? I am going to the Dr next week to talk about getting on Phentermine. I noticed a lot of the posters havent posted in awhile.
Butterfly10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.