Melting Fat Using Mind Power?

• I was up at 2 am this morning and almost fell victim (hehehe) to an infomerical... has anyone tried "Smart Techniques" - you use a questionnaire to determine your psychological reasons for overeating/eating the wrong foods and, based on that, you listen to a series of CD designed specifically for that analyzed problem. Anyone had luck with this one?

What about Crave No More Essential Oil? One of my hobbies is making my own lotions and I often use EO in them for various skin ailments - but before I shell out any more $ on EO, I was wondering if anyone else has used this blend specifically with any success? It's supposed to be used as a form of aromatherapy to reduce cravings that can be used as incense, in lotions, candles, etc. If you've used it, was the scent pleasant and did it work to reduce your cravings?

Or am I really reaching with these two? Hmm.
  • While I do think we need to be alert to our reasons for turning to "comfort food" I also think there is a WHOLE lot of psychobabble out there trying to convince us there is an easy way to lose weight or we need to dig into our psyches, etc.

Personally I think the only way to burn fat is with our BODY power (and using our mind power to push our bodies out there) and that the biggest thing you will lose with this stuff is your $$$ If there were really magic pills and potions it would be BIG news and history... and someone would be extremely rich!! LOL

Just my opinion.
  • I guess its possible. After all I mean, essentially people have lost weight from hypnotisim. I dont know though. I know I talk to myself when ever I feel the urge to eat for other reasons than being hungry. I talk to myself when Im exercising.. this is embarrassing but when Im doing pilates or something hard, I always repeat, "how bad do you want it" lol If people could hear me, they would think I was up to something freaky, I dont do that at the gym or anything, but i do think it. Helps better when I can say it out loud.

As far as sent and cravings, supposedly vanilla calms the appetite. So I use warm vanilla sugar body spray, but I dont know if it helps. lol

When I first heard that I was much heavier and I went and bought Vanilla glade plug ins, in every plug, vanilla candles, vanilla spray, vanilla carpet fresh, I know I smelled like a huge vanilla bean.. but vanilla does smell good, so cant hurt right lol
  • Quote: As far as sent and cravings, supposedly vanilla calms the appetite. So I use warm vanilla sugar body spray, but I dont know if it helps. lol

When I first heard that I was much heavier and I went and bought Vanilla glade plug ins, in every plug, vanilla candles, vanilla spray, vanilla carpet fresh, I know I smelled like a huge vanilla bean.. but vanilla does smell good, so cant hurt right lol
    Vanilla makes me crave cookies
  • Ready, that is certainly a good point... and I DO talk to myself too and to the calories and fat globs and cheering them on when they go out of my body LOL. I guess I think it is our minds that have to push our bodies LOL; but just the mind stuff by itself IMO is wishful thinking LOL.

I too love vanilla... since I am allergic to most perfumes I use vanilla lotion and scented candles and stuff. I hope you are right and they help get me skinny LOL
  • Okay - is this the Mommies tape that has been discussed here a bunch of times??? It's been out for YEARS.

Do a search here at 3FC for "hypnotism" or "Smart Technique" and you'll find a bunch of threads.

As for hypnosis - I've done it in the past and lost weight but most of the weight I DID lose came back. It's not a weight-loss miracle - it's a relaxation and focusing technique...you might be better served going to a yin-yang yoga class IMO.

Of course if you want to try these tapes, you can probably find them used on eBay or Craigslist for cheap - because like I said, they've been out for YEARS.
  • At least the "mind" techniques are safe (as opposed to ingesting something from a bottle on the drugstore shelf).

As far as an oil that calms cravings ... why would it?

Vanilla makes me crave cookies, too.

But I do like to keep wonderful smelling candles around ... especially the food scents like caramel mocha coffee cake ... to lift my spirits ... I melt them on a little candle warmer in the house or just sniff them at work ... usually to calm my mind and temper when certain people get on my nerves. Invariably, though, thoughts of actually eating the candle start to percolate in my brain, so I don't know why I go on doing this, but I do.
  • I am not even sure all of the "mind techniques" are safe... but at least they are FREE

LOL Amarantha.... don't start eating your candles!!