Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #46  
Putting me 1st finally!

S/C/G: 206/204/140

Height: 5' 8"

I tried the HCG injections because I read they were more effective than the drops taken sublingually. The diet you are supposed to follow is severely restrictive...which is why you lose weight. I don't think the HCG has one darn thing to do with it.

The only magic pill I've ever taken was the original "Diet Fuel" with ephedra from GNC years ago. No longer around with the ban on ephedra. That stuff melted weight off of me.
mefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #47  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyride View Post
I have a friend who has been losing on HCG drops, I don't see any posts on it?
That's because we have a very strong policy against this type of product. HCG drops have been proven ineffective and potentially dangerous, and the FDA is taking action against suppliers now. The HCG products claim to work in conjuction with a 500 calorie diet. The 500 calorie diet is what causes the weight loss, not the bogus hcg product. This type of diet is similar to what anorexics follow and is physically damaging and irresponsible. So we don't support it. I hope that helps answer that
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Since I don't find it in searches I just want to throw this in about PhenTabz.

I've been taking them over the past couple of weeks. I do not take the recommended dose (2 pills a day) I take one per day with a cup of coffee for breakfast, every other day. On "off" days my calories are probably double what I eat on days that I take a pill. It knocks my appetite down and increases energy. It is just a form of speed, and not anything I would even admit to taking to anyone in real life, but wanted to share here just in case anyone wanted to know. Not recommended, and expensive, but it does work as advertised.

Side effects: Sky high libido (possibly more due to diet, but still sometimes very uncomfortable)
For me it has a slight laxative effect, nothing alarming but worth noting.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven132 View Post
Since I don't find it in searches I just want to throw this in about PhenTabz.

I've been taking them over the past couple of weeks. I do not take the recommended dose (2 pills a day) I take one per day with a cup of coffee for breakfast, every other day. On "off" days my calories are probably double what I eat on days that I take a pill. It knocks my appetite down and increases energy. It is just a form of speed, and not anything I would even admit to taking to anyone in real life, but wanted to share here just in case anyone wanted to know. Not recommended, and expensive, but it does work as advertised.

Side effects: Sky high libido (possibly more due to diet, but still sometimes very uncomfortable)
For me it has a slight laxative effect, nothing alarming but worth noting.
I believe phentabz are just 1,3-dimethylamylamine, maybe you can check the ingredients. it can be found much cheaper and is in alot of diet pills (lipo 6 black comes to mind) and anyone thinking about taking it be careful if you are sensitive to stimulants
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi-rocks View Post
What pill is gonna force you to put the HO HO down?
I too realize this is an old thread, but I loved this comment and just had to quote it!

Make a lifestyle change to healthy eating and exercise! That's all it takes to lose it and KEEP IT OFF!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 213/213/130

Height: 5'8"

Default artificial energy

I'm always very careful with my blood pressure... I actually bought one of the blood pressure monitors. But HBP runs in my family, so I need to be very careful of it. Fortunately, at least thus far, I have no problems with it.

As for the diet pills, they are often terrible for your blood pressure. They are packed with caffeine (which is bad news bears anyway), and many other energy supplements. I get the idea behind it, but I'm not a fan of artificial energy. I had to rely on caffeine for work (but that's because I was made to stay up for 2-3 days rather consistently, and a "good nights sleep" was more than 4 hours). I had an important job, but I was exhausted and sick all of the time from it. I actually passed out a few times, and ended up with a concussion once!

My conclusion.....fake energy makes me very nervous, and I avoid it like the plague now. The most caffeine I'll have is in some dark chocolate or some tea (on a rare occasion). My circumstances were extreme, though. I'm sure if properly applied they work wonders for some people!! I'm just petrified of artificial energy products because of my own experiences with them.
collie1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 175/143/125

Height: 5'5"

You are absolutely correct. It took me many years to get your message into my stubborn head. Diet and exercise is the only weight loss magic, unfortunately.
WeightGoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:26 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 200/180/140

Yes, nothing will happen without a little effort combined.
AnneNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:32 AM   #54  

Hi there! Just wanted to get your take on non-stimulant fat burners? I came across Cellucor CLK - based on the reviews it helps in fat burning without the jittery feeling of having too much caffeine. I'm also somewhat wary of diet pills because of the long term side effects.

However, I feel like I need a boost / motivator to keep me going. I haven't been losing much weight despite being on calorie deficit (I consume 1,000-1,200cal per day and try to eat more protein / less carbs/no fast foods). I've also been working out 3-4x/day but lately have been missing the gym due to long work nights.

Looking forward to hear your inputs! Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by gladiatorinasuit; 01-30-2017 at 05:33 AM.
gladiatorinasuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #55  

Info on the constituent ingredients:

https://examine.com/supplements/raspberry-ketone/

https://examine.com/supplements/conj...linoleic-acid/

https://examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/

I'm going to go ahead and guess that they won't do much for your fat loss, and cost a bundle more than they should.
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #56  

Yeah if anyone knows of something that they are sure works. Lemme know because these big pharma companies really dont care about anything these days besides making a quick buck.
JosieBern42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:21 AM   #57  

Default Contrave

Contrave actually works! Makes you not crave anything, I eat if bored and it does actually help to not even think about eating. It does have some side effects but I'd say I'm mentally healthy and not effected by them. Also made me cut out soft drinks and eating ice. (I do have low iron) it's a little pricey but I'll pay it!
Niquepaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:22 AM   #58  

Default Contrave works

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieBern42 View Post
Yeah if anyone knows of something that they are sure works. Lemme know because these big pharma companies really dont care about anything these days besides making a quick buck.
Contrave works
Niquepaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:14 AM   #59  

You all make sense with comments loving this
clem24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:10 PM   #60  

wow really !
LaurenCarson is offline   Reply With Quote