Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 01:22 PM   #31  
Recovering chocoholic

Yuk red bull is dire. I used to like the cheap stuff they used to sell in wetherspoons when they didnt sell red bull. I think it was called burn or something like that. It was cherry flavour.

Be careful with drinking too much redbull I once fainted after having 4 cans of it.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:02 PM   #32  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

when i work nights as a delivery driver i used to drink 6 in an 8 hour shift
Old 03-09-2005, 01:34 AM   #33  

Default Mega T green tea pills

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone else had tried the Mega T Green Tea diet pills. I have read that green tea is suppose to have a lot of antioxidants and speed up the metabolism. Has anyone had any luck, any experiences with these pills?
Old 03-09-2005, 03:23 AM   #34  
it's always something

Green tea does offer a lot of benefits, but the recommendation is to just drink green tea and avoid the pills, which are not proven to have the same benefits.

Also, choose loose leaf green tea, not the bags of tea dust at the supermarket. I buy tea from http://www.adagio.com/ They have a huge variety of green teas, and offer sample sizes in metal cans at low costs.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #35  

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2005, 03:32 PM   #36  
Heather

I take a green tea pill, but it isnt a weight loss thing, it is because green tea has very good anti oxidant qualities I like, and I cant stand the taste of green tea brewed. But then i have only tried the tea dust from the local grocery store. I think I might try some of the tea at the link Suzanne left us.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:42 AM   #37  
Sponge Brain

Default hi all

my first post so would like to say Hi to all, hsven't even had a chance yet ot get around to many sections due to busy with work, but wanted to read this post and contribute.

I AM a BIG green tea drinker, it's my main drink.
One because it's VERY beneficial for you, espcecially for men in regards to prostrate, and I too had problems enjoying just the normal teabag type till I took it on as a fad.

Now when I take something on as a fad it means I get anything and everything to do with it, sometimes the fad runs out sometimes it just keeps on going on as part of my life and sometimes it comes and goes into my life.

The green tea has stayed and become a passion. I've tried every type out there till I found my most favourite.

You would not believe the number of people I have gotten on to the tea I drink and the lady I buy it from says this green type has tripled in sales... lol
I have this tea in my bag, at 2 of my work stations at work and also at home and at certain friends places so it is everywhere I go....

anyway, I am checking out the website you provided but also showing you one where I get my tea from.

It is called SOURSOP or SOURSAP depends where it's posted, and is actually guanabana fruit from the south east of asia I believe.

I purchase mine in australia from http://www.teaforme.com.au

It's the tea that comes in the pinewood boxes, and also comes in all flavours. My next passion is strawberry and blueberry but soursop takes the cake with 6 boxes for each order...lol

Green tea has many great properties drunk in proportion, but for some people if too much is drank it can cause constipation so make sure you eat lots of fibre as well. It's a cleanser as well so helps cleanse toxins out of your body.
Attached Images
File Type: gif greentea.gif (31.2 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by serypeta; 03-15-2005 at 03:53 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 03-10-2005, 02:49 AM   #38  
Sponge Brain

forgot to mention also that these teas have th leaves that you just spoon into the cup and let them absorb as they sink to the bottom and they stay in the cup as you drink. Of course you can strain after a whiole, but the enlarge as they absorb.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #39  
Uber-Moderator!!

IMO - the better quality tea you get (no matter if it's green, white, orange pekoe, Earl Grey or whatever) the better it's going to taste (that was driven home to us here at work when the teas in our office kitchens were switched from Bigelow to some no-name brand that NO ONE had heard of...definitely a difference and NOT a good one - yes we've complained).

My personal favorite teas are by The Republic Of Tea. They have some really nice flavored green varieties as well as some great herbals!
Old 05-29-2005, 07:22 PM   #40  

Default Ok I am going to try it...what do you think?

Here I am falling for the green tea thing. I picked up a bottle to try to see if it would curb my appetite and stimulate me a little. After the phenfen mess you would think I know better.
But here I am taking a chance.
That said..any thoughts on green tea?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #41  
Uber-Moderator!!

Green tea as a weight loss aid...pretty much useless.

Green tea has been discussed frequently in Buyer Beware - here's one thread for example.

If you're going to try green tea, don't waste your $$ with the 'extract' pills - just get the real thing (some really good quality tea to drink). Whatever healthful qualities it might have, you'll probably have a better shot getting them through drinking the actual tea itself, rather than spending a bundle on those silly pills.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:58 PM   #42  
it's always something

It probably won't hurt you, but it may not help. They say if you want the benefits of green tea, just to drink green tea.

In my personal opinion, looking for stimulants to help in weight loss is really bad, because you need to do something you can stick to for the rest of your life. Losing weight is half the battle. Keeping it off takes just as much effort, and sometimes even more so. If you get used to stimulants now, is this something you plan to do for the rest of your life? Weight loss thorugh a balanced diet and exercise program is all that is necessary, and is how most people reach their goals and keep it off. Not through stimulants.

Exercise is a great stimulant Seriously, go for a brisk walk early in the morning, and you'll feel more energized! You will boost your metabolism for several hours after the walk ends, and you'll burn calories while you're add it.

As far as using Green Tea for weight loss, this may be a myth, or hype used by supplement makers to sell products. The antioxidant in green tea, EGCG, is what is supposed to help weight loss, but this is what Dr. Andrew Weil said about that:

Quote:
Despite its many beneficial effects, I know of no good evidence to suggest that EGCG promotes weight loss. A study at the University of Chicago did show that rats injected with EGCG lost their appetites and ate up to 60 percent less than normal, but there was no effect on the rats’ appetites when they were given EGCG orally. The researchers who conducted the study speculated that long-term oral administration of EGCG might have the same effect on appetite as the injections but cautioned that humans would have to drink green tea constantly to get the results seen in the animal study. Furthermore, the EGCG injections caused hormonal changes in the rats that could have negative effects on health if they occurred in humans.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:02 PM   #43  
it's always something

Oops! I didn't see your reply, MrsJim. Gee, I can't believe 20 minutes have passed between our replies. I think I need a stimulant
Old 05-31-2005, 02:50 AM   #44  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcharm
Here I am falling for the green tea thing. I picked up a bottle to try to see if it would curb my appetite and stimulate me a little. After the phenfen mess you would think I know better.
But here I am taking a chance.
That said..any thoughts on green tea?
Turn the bottle around & tell me how many grams of sugar are in your tea. If there are any, it is not helping you, it is hindering you.

You can make your own green iced tea--put the bags in a coffeepot of a coffeemaker & just run water through it. Let it steep for as long as you want & then pour over a pitcher of ice cubes. Voila! Instant green iced tea. I would recommend the Mint or Lemon or Honey flavors, though. Plain green tea tastes like dirty hippie feet.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:23 AM   #45  
it's always something

I also like flavored tea. http://www.adagio.com/ makes a Coco Mint Green that is really good. I drink it hot. I tried it iced once and hated it. I do drink the regular green teas as well, though I add splenda and sometimes cream. I bought a ton of samplers from Adagio. There are a lot of different types of green tea, not all taste like hippie feet I prefer the leaf teas over the bags of powder. I've also heard that the leaf teas have more antioxidants than the bagged.
Closed Thread