3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2005, 08:39 AM   #1

Default Ztrim

Has anybody heard of this or tried it?

Old 12-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
it's always something

I've never heard of it before, or tried it, but it looks interesting. So it's a fat substitute which comes in the form of a gel or powder, and you mix it in your dressings, mayo, etc, to extend the volume, and cut the calories per serving. It's made from cellulose fiber. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that has tried it.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:27 AM   #3

Sounds interesting, but I have wonder when the slogan is "Don't worry, eat happy"...sounds a little too good to be true. Hopefully it will follow in the footsteps of Splenda, which was only available via the web & very limited products to start several years ago and is now widely available. Right now it looks like they only have the corn verison available, though they talk about soy fiber or oat hull versions- since I'm allergic to corn, I'll have to wait until the others come out...though they will probably cost a lot more (corn is cheap- that's why so much stuff is sweetened with corn syrup here in the US instead of real sugar).
Christine Restarting all over....again...but at least I'm trying
Taking little steps~ 10- 15 pound steps to be exact
1st Step~12/20/05 ~~~ 2nd Step~1/31/06
~~~2/21/06 I've released 10% of my body weight!!!~~~
Now onto Step #3 of 10- Releasing another 15 pounds~
One for each 5 pounds released
Old 12-13-2005, 11:41 AM   #4

All I can say is - hopefully it won't have the same, um...side effects that Olestra has (which I've never tried JUST because of the "anal leakage" possibility...yeah I know...).

Dunno, it sounds more like something that would be added to food products sold in the stores, not a product that would lend itself to being sold individually to consumers, but you gotta give 'em credit for trying.

(I would almost bet money that the corn fiber they are using for this product is leftover from extracting corn syrup for HFCS!!!)
Mrs. Jim
Highest weight: 265 pounds, size 24/26 (May 1990)
May 1991: 174 pounds (-91 lbs)
September 1996: 155 pounds (-110 lbs)
*LIVING at: 145-149 pounds, size 4/6 (-116/120 lbs)

*Maintenance = LIVING.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Wanna know how I lost the weight and have kept it off for over 16 years? Click here!
Old 12-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #5

Ya, I might buy products containing this stuff, but I can't really see mixing it into my mayo or whatever in order to make it lower cal. But if it does half of what it claims it can do, it will soon be all the rage anyways.
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

My weight loss site, with blog, before and after pics, recipes, tips, charts, and stuff. Annie Takes Off
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.