Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:32 AM   #1  

Default Greg Landry - phoney or tool for success?

I'm curious if anybody has tried Greg Landry's "Women's Fast and Healthy Weight Loss Program." I did a search on this forum, but didn't see any existing threads on this.

The guy (who has a degree in exercise physiology?) has posted several informative articles on my free e-diets e-mail, concerning target heart rate, fitness myths, interval training, etc. There's a link at the bottom to his "personal webpage," which allowed me to sign up for his e-mail list (I haven't received anything yet). At the bottom of the confirmation e-mail for his e-mail list is a link to the above page.

His articles seem very down-to-earth and useful, with no gimicks or gadgets, but his webpage advertises a program that is $40 a month for "1:1 phone and e-mail support," and a list of freebies if you purchase a 4-month $100 plan, including some of his "published books" (which are not sold on amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com, hmm). One of his freebees is "lose 40 pounds by christmas", which doesn't seem very healthy, however. 40 pounds in 2 months? I assume that's very possible, but very rapid.

I am a member of Weight Watchers - albeit one who keeps falling of track for the past year - and will probably stick with that. However, what mainly caught my eye about Greg Landry's program is that he evidently covers "weight loss while on birth control pills."

I've been on the pill for years, since I was in college...which, of course, is when I started the path to 245 pounds. I know that the pill can cause a small, 5-10 pound weight gain. I definitely can't blame the pill for gaining this much weight - more likely, beer, pizza, and not enough exercise!! But does anybody know if being on the pill can actually make it harder to lose weight??

Guess this post got pretty lengthy...LOL

Thanks in advance to anybody with some input on Greg Landry, or on birth control pills and weight loss!

- Megan

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 11-01-2005 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Removed link. Please review posting rules.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

I'm not even a football fan but the first thing that came to mind was Greg Landry, the quarterback...

(hopefully not the same person!)

So where is his 'degree' from exactly? What creds does he have to make him a 'women's weight loss expert'?

40 pounds by Christmas...that would make my "s**t detector" go off big time...

Oh and speaking of the pill and weight loss - I've been on BCPs for well over 10 years and have never had a problem losing weight on them.

Here is a Q&A regarding the topic:

The Pill & Weight Gain

and another:

Birth control pills and weight gain
Old 11-01-2005, 11:43 PM   #3  

Great information, thanks!! As I suspected, my weight gain IS from pizza and beer. Probably some chocolate and chinese food, too.

I don't really follow football, but that is a funny coincidence! His degree is from Louisiana State University, although "exercise physiology" sounds a lot like "grade school PE teacher" to me. Who knows?
Closed Thread