Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #31  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah, I was pretty sure that the idea behind low-carb was to force your body to burn what it already has stored instead of carbs, not new fats that you are eating. I mean, if it works for you, then that is awesome, but as for me, even when I am low-carb, I still stay well below 2000 calories and below 40 grams of fat and have never had a problem. But hey, we are all different I also definitely still watch my saturated fat--after all, I don't want to lose weight and die of a heart attack when I'm thin
Old 09-11-2005, 01:04 PM   #32  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Wanted to clarify that I do not eat a higher fat diet because I am low carbing, I eat it because it is better for my health, IMO. This goes against the conventional thinking in some circles, but I do not care for the conventional thinking.

Also I posted this earlier but deleted it because I didn't want to get into this area, but just noting that products like Dexatrim, IMO, could be dangerous to people with some medical conditions, so of course it'd be wise to check with the doc before trying it, IMO.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-11-2005 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Clarifying
Old 09-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #33  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I absolutely agree--anything (OTC or otherwise...dexatrim, hydroxycut, leptopril, ANYTHING) should certainly be approached with caution. If your doctor has any concerns at all, I would definitely steer clear. However, if your doctor is like mine, he/she says there is no magic pill, but try it if you must...but even if you get the "okay" from a doc, be VERY attentive to your body--rapid heartbeat, feelings of anxiety, feeling jittery, or feeling pretty much anything out of the ordinary are definitely signs that whatever pill you're taking is probably not a good idea. I had a roommate once who was taking a diet pill (some random stuff from Walmart) and was feeling very jittery and overly-energetic (as in, she would clean the entire apartment at like 2am ), so she finally stopped--here's hoping it didn't cause any real damage (she definitely didn't consult with a doctor). Let us know how the Leptopril has been working for you, though, Victoria. I certainly hope the headaches were actually caused by stress and not the pills. Keep us posted
Old 09-11-2005, 07:35 PM   #34  
Empress/Queen

Jill, might I just interject that your weight ticker tells the tale ... you are doing great with your journey.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:02 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

This is off topic, but I saw that commercial a few times today, and it reminded me of this thread. The wording they use in the Leptopril ad cracks me up.

She says "If you are significantly overweight you may have seen this ad: (it shows the original commercial with the blonde woman selling the pill for $153).

It makes it sound like you can only see the commercial if you are overweight. But if you're not, you don't see it. lol maybe I'm weird, but it just makes me laugh every time I see it.

I personally can not see paying that much for any type of diet aid, unless it was gym equipment

~Liz
Old 09-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #36  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyg
This is off topic, but I saw that commercial a few times today, and it reminded me of this thread. The wording they use in the Leptopril ad cracks me up.

She says "If you are significantly overweight you may have seen this ad: (it shows the original commercial with the blonde woman selling the pill for $153).

It makes it sound like you can only see the commercial if you are overweight. But if you're not, you don't see it. lol maybe I'm weird, but it just makes me laugh every time I see it.
Heh, I've had the same reaction. If you're skinny, you have blinders to the original commercial. If you were able to see it, you MUST be fat!

I don't know...$32, $153, all seems like a rip-off to me! Does anyone else suspect it's the same company responsible for both ads, and the first just couldn't get rid of its overwhelming supply of the stuff? (I mean, since the newer commercial shows the older one, it seems pretty obvious something like that is going on).
Old 09-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #37  

be careful your health is important quick fixes may leave permanent damage to the body.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #38  

Question Leptopril anyone?

Hi everyone,

I just found this website yesterday - so I am very new here. My name is Nicole and I am very happy to have found such a place.

Not only did I find this website yesterday, I also started using Leptopril yesterday as well, at least it was my first full day. I had taken one capsul in the afternoon on Sunday to curb my appetite. What I have noticed so far - I am definitely not as hungry and I seem to think less about food.

But I am having some problems sleeping, both Sunday and Monday I was able to only get about 4 hours of rest. I felt fine when I woke up, but I can't see my body being able to go without sleep for a long amount of time before crashing badly. I am 27 years old now and the older I get the harder it has been for me to go without sleep. I used to have a crazy tech job when I was younger and I would work through-out the night and into the next day and so on and so on...needless to say...I can't do that now. I usually need around 7 hours or more to feel good and rested when I wake up in the morning.

My question is this - has anyone else here used this product or another generic of it. I know there are a couple on the market right now. And if so, what were your own reactions? How long did it take for your body to adjust to the stimulant properties of the product?

Please let me know - thanks!

Nicole
Old 09-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #39  
it's always something

Hi Nicole, welcome to 3FC I'm not surprised that you had some problems sleeping, which is particularly bad because studies have shown that adequate sleep actually helps weight loss. Leptopril contains a lot of stimulants. At a glance, it looks like about half of the ingredients are caffiene or a caffiene-like substances. You will probably drop a few pounds of water at first, since these have diuretic properties.

In the long run, though, you still have to follow the same diet and exercise routine as everyone else, but you risk health complications due to the supplement use. The list of potential side effects is scary. That's one of the reasons why we don't support the use of weight loss supplements in our community, and focus on diet and exercise.

We're going to review this product for the website, hopefully in the next two weeks.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:05 AM   #40  

Default Thanks...

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for the information and I do appreciate your concern. I understand that diet and exercise should be my main focus during this time (and it is), but I believe that the short term use of a dietary aid is going to help me meet my goal.

I will look for that review in a few weeks.

Thanks.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:56 AM   #41  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys
Just what does "Leptopro" stand for?
LOL...well in veterinary lingo "Lepto" is short for "Leptospirosis" which can kill a puppy in about 24-hours flat .

I HATE that commercial, too. Do you notice how that woman never BLINKS? Is that s'posed to make her seem more "honest" or something? I'd really like to smack her .
Old 09-16-2005, 09:08 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It's the money that drives me bonkers. For $153 you could buy ... my bike ... cross country skiis ... 3 good pairs of walking shoes .... a starter set of weights .... resistance bands ... several good workout tapes ... about 80 lbs of low fat cottage cheese ... and these things would actually help you.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #43  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
For $153 you could buy ... ... about 80 lbs of low fat cottage cheese ... and these things would actually help you.
LOL Yeah, cause there's no way I could eat that much cottage cheese and it would mold and be thrown out and then I'd really lose weight.
Closed Thread