Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #16  

I started today also! Independence day ..I decided to shed my fat and no excuses. I am going to do what I always knew I should do and see how it goes.
I think the 4th is a great day to start unless you have alot of plans.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:10 AM   #17  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Amarantha--I didn't realize this had been moved on me. I didn't post this thread in the "Buyer Beware" section...I posted it in the "Support" section because I wanted to know if anyone else had tried the diet. The moderators must have moved it. I understand putting it there, but the reason I put it in Suport was that more people would see it (that seems to be where I get the most/best responses to questions and stuff). I also didn't post it in the "Buyer Beware" section because to me, that automatically makes it sound like it's a bad plan (beware of the idiot proof diet!). However, I think it's not bad at all--at least 10 servings of water a day, lean meats, fruits, veggies, a little bread and pasta...sounds like the same diet advice everyone preaches around here. Oooh well...
Old 07-05-2005, 09:04 AM   #18  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hmm, I also came back here so I could check out the link that BigJimBoy had posted, but his post seems to be GONE. Why?! It wasn't a link trying to sell anything, just to information, which I found helpful, so I would like to be able to find it again...
Old 07-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #19  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Jill! Yes, I see what you mean and I felt bad making a comment on what seemed to be a support thread. But anyhow, I think you are doing spendidly and your meal sounds delish.

Dunno why the BigJim post was removed, possibly because it was referring people to another diet forum, which I think is mentioned as a no-no in 3FC's rules. I did notice on BJ's forum that it was referenced as the "official" forum of the Idiot Proof Diet ... or words to that effect and seemed mainly to be dedicated to that, although other diets were discussed. It had samples of the diet menus posted in the forum and, I think, the rules.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #20  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha
possibly because it was referring people to another diet forum, which I think is mentioned as a no-no in 3FC's rules. I did notice on BJ's forum that it was referenced as the "official" forum of the Idiot Proof Diet ...
True Our forum rules are strict because we've seen so many other weight loss forums littered with spam to the point where they were useless, and we worked hard from the beginning to prevent that from happening here. So that post would have been removed no matter who made it, or what site they linked to.

Jim's a nice guy, and this isn't anything personal. His site is no longer a diet blog (which was/is great!), but he is paid to recruit members for WL4Idiots and is providing a commercial website for profit. I'm certainly not saying there is anything wrong with that, the internet is a legitmate business and it's hard work, but it's a courtesy not to self-promote on other websites, it's just the rules of the game and this is standard everywhere, not just here. No linking, no self-promotion is allowed.

One of the problems we've had with the diet for idiots (in particular) is that since they opened up an affiliate program, we've been hit with spammers trying to advertise it here. I'm not talking about BJB, I'm talking about third parties. Not only that, but one of them is actually advertising on Google using OUR NAME! I took a screenshot of it when I saw it, and have filed the papers with Google to have it removed due to trademark infringement. Take a look -
http://www.3fatchicks.com/google/goo...fringement.jpg I went to the site in the ad and it was an affiliate link to WL4Idiots.

The other problems we've had with the plan is making unrealistic claims about their diet. Any diet plan that promises 9 pounds every 11 days is suspicious. If you really could do that, you'd need serious medical attention.

Everyone that has seen the plan has said it's just calorie cycling, and is nothing new. This is also the basis behind the "Wendie Plan" that many Weight Watchers members talk about, and is available for free everywhere.

We believe that if someone is going to pay for a weight loss program, they should have access to information about it first, such as in a book or a reputable program like Weight Watchers, or something like eDiets that has a massive staff of experts behind them.

It's not good for consumers to be led or misled in this way, especially considering that consumers spend billions of dollars every year on weight loss products that don't work. We need to have a more up-front industry, because that sort of advertising only encourages people to spend money blindly on products that may or may not be completely useless. Many overweight people feel desperate or vulnerable and are more apt to buy something blindly, which in most cases is not a good thing.

We really don't want to provide support for this product, for all of the reasons above. It makes us feel very uncomfortable. We're not saying the plan is good or bad, we have no opinion on that and everyone is free to make their own choices. But we don't provide support for all diet plans here, just most of them, lol. I don't want to upset anyone, and I sincerely apologize if this sounds rude, but if anyone is looking for direct support for the product, Google can provide a link to a support forum, but we won't.

Jilly, that's a good point about the name of this forum. We've considered changing it so it doesn't sound like only bad products are to be discussed here. I'll go tend to that right now, thanks

I am going to lock this thread now. If anyone has any concerns, please PM me.
Closed Thread