Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 03:16 AM   #1  
--{ JEN EDEN }--

Question The pH Miracle for Weight Loss

I was watching the news and saw an interview with Robert O. Young the author of this book. I have been doing some research and have seen that he has written many other health books that all stem from this idea of managing you pH levels in your body. It says that is you can manage you pH levels and acid levels and so on you can help manged your health and weight. I have been reading many costomer reviews and doctor reviews all of the web--- and so far I have only seen a couple of negative feedback. Everything else I here is positive--- that is helps you gain control over your health--- helps with heartburn, blood preasure and so on--- and its also helps with you weight. And his new book 'The pH Miracle for Weight Loss' is geared toward the same idea but for weight loss. So I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this--- or if anyone has tired it. I am really looking for a good plan that can work for me--- So any help and info would be great--- before I buy this book and was out money!!
Thanks!!
Old 06-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Just the fact that he uses the word "Miracle" in his book would be enough to keep my Visa card in my wallet.

I just did a Google search and - VOILA - this Robert O. Young is running a multi-level marketing scam - oops I mean 'business opportunity' and what's more he has been doing this for QUITE some time now.

Another red light is the fact that he calls himself a "doctor" with a Ph. D. and D.Sc. but doesn't mention ANYWHERE what college/university he obtained his degrees. From what I know, one thing is certain - if his PhD were legit, the details would NOT be kept confidential but would be emblazoned everywhere on his website and overpriced, overblown products (not to mention the book cover. IMO the lack of information means one of the following:

- He got his degree from a degree mill
- His degree is in a totally unrelated field
- He got it from a degree mill in a totally unrelated field
Old 07-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #3  

Creature, did you purchase the book.

I just started researching this today after reading about this book in the First magazine. I know I have high acid in my body - a compounding pharmacist had me put strips under my tongue to take my pH levels. I know something just isn't clicking in my body and I need to balance something or find the missing link somewhere. Whether it's being estrogen dominent or it's the thyroid which is 2.4 with all the symptoms but not at a number where a doctor won't treat (not that I want to be on a medication anyway if I can help it) . . . It's frustrating. I know there isn't any magic "pill" out there. I also know I don't get enough veggies in my daily diet so maybe this is the way to do so. I'm still debating whether or not to get the book.

Rachelle,

Last edited by RachelleS; 07-25-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:13 PM   #4  
--{ JEN EDEN }--

Default Book

Hey, nope I have not gotten the book. Its something I am still not sure about. Being a full-time college student, working and still living at home, the thought of trying a new plan that had to followed very closely seemed a little to stressful and to much. Maybe in the futrue I will give it a try, for now I am strating to lose weight by, water, working out, afternoon Red Bull, and cutting meals in half and drinking water before I eat. I feel so good right now and my energy is great even without the Red Bull.
But I wish you much luck with trying that. Might be your key!!! Everyone has a different key, some have similar.
But if you want to give the book a try, try going to Amazon and buying a used copy, those are a lot cheaper to get. And maybe do a in deapth research on the Ph Diet online. Maybe you can find people who have been on it or mabye consumer reports and what not.
But sorry, no I have not bought the book.

Good Luck!
-Jen
Old 07-27-2005, 12:27 AM   #5  

Thanks Creature. I'm thinking of just buying some Green Powder but I'll see. I find that it's cheaper just to buy the books from Amazon - once you add the shipping to the used books - it is almost the same price. I've heard of others getting books cheap there though.

Thanks again - best of luck to you, Rachelle
Old 08-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Check out "the wild rose detox", they have a list of foods that are alkaline and acid producing. My mom followed this after having some health issues, she didn't take their pills or anything, but followed the diet aspect. She says she noticed a huge difference in her body, and while I was visiting her a few weeks ago I was experiencing some nasty heartburn, and while I normally take rolaids (yuck!), she told me to have some almonds and drink some water. It immediately helped. I definitely believe there is something to that whole idea, definitely worth checking out! (She did all of this for health reasons, not to lose weight though..)

-Aimee
Old 08-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Question aimee???

Hi Aimee,
is there a website with this list of food or is it a book? I have heard this PH theory before, but from a dentist who said that people prone to cancor sores have an acidic PH....would love to know more.
thanks!
T
Old 08-21-2005, 08:49 PM   #8  
it's always something

It's a book, The pH Miracle for Weight Loss, and I'm not aware of a website that has the info. You might find it at your library
Old 08-21-2005, 09:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

thanks Suzanne! I appreciate the info.
T
Closed Thread