Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 02:00 PM   #1  

Default Anyone heard of Ultra et Slim diet pill?

Hi, has anyone heard of Ultra ET Slim diet pill? They claim you can lose 9 to 15 pounds the first week and you pay only if you are satisfied (you mail them a postdated check) . I am curious if anyone has tried this product. Thank you in advance for your thoughts!
Old 08-31-2004, 02:27 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Do you want the long version or the short one?

Short version: Crap. Save your money.

Long version: The website only gives two ingredients (personally, I'd NEVER buy anything that I was going to ingest from a company that wouldn't fully disclose its ingredients right from the get go) - HCA and Orthosiphon.

Orthosiphon, basically is a plant also known as 'cat's whiskers'. It's a DIURETIC which of course means that it sucks the water out of you. (that's why the website claims that you can lose "2 pounds the first day" - that's WATER WEIGHT, not fat - and will come back as soon as you rehydrate yourself). I think I can safely say that the following statement from the FAQ on the website is totally bogus as well:

Quote:
Actually, the pastilles first start acting where the fat is stored; on the arms, the tummy, the thighs and legs. In fact, the active components of Ultra et Slim act directly on excess fat no matter where it is located. Each day, thousands of fat cells which represent 2 to 4 pounds of fat are attacked by the "fat-eating" microelements contained in each Ultra et Slim pastille. The results are quickly noticeable…practically visible to the naked eye from the very first day.
Yup, and I have a bridge in San Francisco that I can sell you...

Now as far as HCA, that's a bit more established - still no miracle fat burner. Here's the link to Supplement Watch's evaluation of HCA:

http://www.supplementwatch.com/supat...pplementId=165

And the "Value" part of their evaluation reads:

Quote:
For weight loss, regular intake of Garcinia cambogia and HCA is supported by animal studies (and high carbohydrate diets), where it reduces food intake and body fat accumulation. Some data from human trials support the effectiveness of HCA for weight control in humans, but here the data is not particularly strong. And much more research is needed to confirm the degree of weight loss that can be expected from regular HCA supplementation.

Given the apparent safety profile of Garcinia/HCA supplements and the clear difficulty associated with maintaining a reduced body weight following weight loss, HCA may be most effective as an aid to preventing weight re-gain – rather than as an approach to stimulating significant fat loss (which is best achieved by lifestyle modifications in diet, behavior and exercise patterns). Those individuals who have succeeded in losing body weight and fat mass (not an easy task) may be better able to adhere to their new diet and maintain their new lower body weight more effectively with the help of HCA dietary supplements.
If you want to try HCA, I would advise getting it from somewhere other than these overpriced, overhyped, practically WORTHLESS diet pills - you can find the ingredient in just about every diet pill out there, for a FRACTION of the cost.

And that '30-day guarantee' is worthless as well...naturally.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:21 PM   #3  

Thank you for the info! I have to admit it was tempting, sending a post dated check with the claim of losing 9 to 15 pounds the first week but I will keep dieting and working out and hopefully meet my goal one day. Thanks again!
Closed Thread