Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 03:09 AM   #1  
Veiled Rose

Question Looking for the right Liquid

Greetings!

I am looking for a liquid mutli-vitamin/mineral supplament. I can't do pills and I abhor the smell of vitamins. I get sick to the point of wanting to throw up on the smell of them. I need something that has a good amount of calcium and zinc especially....and of course everything else! Please give me advice and website where to get or a place to get it...

thanks!

Last edited by MissSVH16; 03-29-2004 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:51 PM   #2  
it's always something

I've never tried a liquid vitamin, so I can't vouch for flavor or efficiency. I noticed that Drugstore.com sells a berry flavor liquid vitamin, though it's geared towards seniors. Have you considered a chewable children's vitamin, such as Flintstones? My 43 year old sister takes those She also can't do pills.

The best source of liquid calcium is milk I read an article just today, about how teenagers don't drink enough milk. Aside from that, a good source would be the chocolate calcium supplements like Viactiv. They come in other flavors, too, and are very good.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:00 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

SueeeeZZZAAANNNE...you just cracked me up right now...dunno if this particular "Got Milk" commercial is running outside of California but have you seen the one where the kids don't want to drink their milk because their neighbor doesn't...and he tries to lift his wheelbarrow and his arms come off?

As far as liquid vitamins...the only thing I've tried that's CLOSE to that is this stuff that my Jazzercise instructor was selling ten years ago called "Km". Came in a white bottle that looked like an old-fashioned milk bottle. I don't remember what was IN it, but it really, REALLY tasted nasty. Kind of like Jagermeister. Bleagh!
Old 03-30-2004, 04:09 PM   #4  
Legend in my own mind

How about drinking weight loss shakes?
I never drink them but they are packed with vitamins.
like if you were to have one once a day for breakfast or what ever, maybe it will give you the amound of vitamins you need..
just an idea...
Old 04-13-2004, 07:56 AM   #5  
Veiled Rose

My Aunt is a health food and vitamin junkie. She told me that she has found out that the effectinsy (spelling? even a word? lol) of the vitamins is best when a liquid followed by powders and then pills (I think the gel caps w/ oil stuff in it is an exception though). She also told me to try putting the capsules in a glass of waterwith some vinegar for 20 minutes and see if they all dissolve. If they dont then they are just going down the poddy. (Apparently, one of her vita-junkies had to have her toliet cleaned because it was filled will pills!)

I just hate the smell of Vitamins and I hate swolling them. I once when on a vita hype and was taking like a handful! of vitamins till I started to hate them and wanted to puke. My throat started to close when I tried to swollow one and I'd feel like I couldn't breath. But liquid is just fine. I have tired flaxseed oil but not faithfully. I was wondering about SeaSilver and Curves Vitamins. Also there were some other vitamin bottles in my aunties cabniet. Just wondering who tried what! and what they recommend!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:29 AM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Well, I dunno about the Curves Vitamins (I suspect that they're the same kind of vitamins you'd get, say, at Trader Joe's or Safeway, with their own label!) but I can pretty much say that SeaSilver is CRAP CRAP CRAPOLA.

Check this thread out:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28528
Closed Thread