Dieting Software?????

• Looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for diet software that you purchase and use on your computer to track everything. I notice after a bit of surfing that there are hundreds of them out there.

Which ones have the best food lists or the ability to add foods?

Thanks and have a great day!
    Julie
  • dieting software
    Try www.fitday.com. You can purchase their software, I think it's 29.95. I can't imagine anything better. I thought about purchasing it but I like using their website. I can log on from anywhere and enter the food that I have eaten that day and don't have to worry about carrying a pad and pen around.
    It had been such a great help to me, I can't say enough about it.
  • I love Fitday's (free) website. I think the software you can buy looks even better, but like Debbie I really like being able to log on from anywhere I happen to be.
  • Software
    I purchased Dietpower last December and am very happy with it. I had been using Dietwatch for years but it finally conked out on me.

With Dietpower you can add foods, create recipe, track your weight, track your exercise and track about any other nutrient you can think of. They have a 15 day free trial. I prefer it over Fitday because I don't have to be online to enter my foods and I don't have to deal with slow connection speeds or the occasional times when the site is unavailable.

The URL for Dietpower is www.dietpower.com if you are interested. I used it for the 15 days before I bought it to try as many things as I could. I think I paid 50.00 for it and for me it was worth it.
  • Thanks for the info.....

I like the graph-y stuff and really feel I need to start tracking everything!!

I'll definately check them out!!!
  • Also check out www.sparkpeople.com

I just joined that website for $9.95 for the year. They have everything you need to keep track of losing weight. Plus you can take university classes free to help you work on the reason why you are not losting weight.
  • I've been using BalanceLog for 6 months now and I love it. It is based on a resting metabolic rate that you can get measured or estimate. It provides a nice graphic of protien/carb/fat ratios and gram intake. You can track everything you eat and your exercise. I love it.

Pam
  • Has anyone tried the new Fitday software? I'm pretty sure I don't want it (because what I like best about Fitday is that I can do it from anywhere I am - also, I'm too cheap to actually BUY anything) but I'm curious to know what new features it has. I'm such a sucker for graphs.
  • I have WEIGHT COMMANDER, and it has EVERYTHING that you need. It's a one time purchase price of $10
    www.weightcommander.com
    Michael (the owner) is very helpful and will answer any questions that you have.

BOB